Chapter One - The fall.

the fall.

Travis

The blonde haired boy woke up. He rubbed his eyes and yawned, as he got out of his bed.

He stared at the window for a few seconds and heard his fathers call. "Travis! Get down here right now!" The way he said the letter "r" made Travis close his eyes as hard as he could.

He quickly ran to his chair and picked up his clothes. "I'll be there in a minute, sir!" He called back, putting his clothes on.

He was wearing a white shirt, with a purple sweater over it, it had two light purple stripes. He quickly put on his short and grey socks.

He put on his favorite green shoes.

Travis ran down the stairs, holding his hand on the railing and moving it down as he got down the stairs. Kenneth was waiting with Travis' mom near the table.

"finally." He growled.

Travis gulped and looked at his parents. "Good moring, sir, mother." He looked at them. His mom smiled, but Kenneth just scoffed and sat at the table.

Travis quickly did the same, looking at the plates. His mother passed Kenneth a plate full of sandwhiches. He grabbed 3. "Pass me your plate, son." He said.

Travis obiediently passed his plate to his dad. Kenneth put 2 sandwhiches on Travis' plate and passed it back. The plate almost fell, but Travis stopped it.
He stared at the food. It was white bread, it looked very cheap. There were some pickle slices put on the sandwhich, a whole lot of butter and tomatoes. It didn't look so great.

Travis felt sick.

He looked at the plate.

"T.. thank you, sir." He muttered. Kenneth scoffed and nodded. Travis claspes his hands together and looked up.

"Dear God, thank you for the food you've given us.." he muttered. "A.. and for my parents." He added.

Travis' mom smiled. Kenneth picked up a sandwhich and took a big bite.

Sal
The boy turned in his sleep, and quickly woke up, feeling something heavy on his chest-- it was gizmo.

"Heya, Gizmo" he mumbled tiredly. He reached for his prosthetic and gently put it on, tightening the straps.

"Saaaal! Come on, school starts soon!" Henry called from the kitchen. On the table there was some bread from 3 days ago, and butter.

"Comin' dad!" He put his red-ish jeans on, and a black sweater. He put his hair up in pigtails, one was lower then the other one. He ran down the stairs and took two bread slices.

"Hi, dad." He said, gently putting the bread under his prosthetic and biting it. "Heya, kid. Today's your big day, huh? A math exam" he chuckled

"Aw come on, dad" he muttered, still chewing the bread. "Math exams are easy! And math in general. Its not important" he put the second slice of bread under his prosthetic and bit it.
Henry scoffed. "sure." He poured orange juice into a glass and drank it.

Sal grabbed a cup and poured orange juice in as well. He put inside a metal straw and started slowly drinking. A few drops fell onto the table.

Sal grabbed a paper towel and the drops dissapeared with one swipe. "I hate it when that happens." He mumbled.
"Well, whad do you expect? Your face is.. you know" he rubbed his neck.

Sal frowned under his prosthetic and looked away. "yeah." He said weakly and softly. "yeah, i know."
He grabbed his backpack and another slice of bread, then he waved to his dad and left. He stopped for a second, then opened the door, taking spare keys, then closing the door again.