Chapter 2: Tragedy

Y/N POV

As I begin to wake up from round two of attempting to sleep, I hear the father mumbling above me. 

He's saying a prayer for me, like I'm possessed. 

Rosario: May the power of Christ compel you, my child. May the lord banish the demon that is harming my Y/N...

I turn over, sitting up on the floor. 

Y/N: Thank you father. 

Rosario: Please... it is only my duty, whatever demon that came from the battlefield with you must be banished. Now... pray with me...

PRAYER TIME!

The lord is one with me, as I hold the cross pendant on my necklace tight, I can feel something changing. 

Acceptance... I can feel slight acceptance... 

Father has done it, he's truly a good man, I don't deserve this treatment. 

Rosario: My son, I know what you are thinking, everyone is deserving of the lord. If you were not, then why would you walk upon this green Runeterra, my son? 

Y/N: I do not know, father. 

Rosario: To live life, the cherish those who make you smile. 

I don't have those...

Rosario: You're undying resilience is what makes me smile, my son, you were here for a reason, not as a curse, but as a blessing. However, all blessings have the chance of a catch. *Cough* 

He starts coughing more, then catches his breath. 

He wipes his hand with a handkerchief... oh no... 

Y/N: May I see your handkerchief? Father? 

Rosario: Do not worry my son, please, let us read. 

My concern grows stronger for Father Rosario's health. 

He's nearing that age where anything could happen, the probability of survival halves with each year past 95, or so I suspect.

Rosario: Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you... in name of the father, son, and the holy spirit. 

Y/N and Rosario: Amen...

Rosario: Please, my son, let us go see the children. 

I stand up, putting on my black M65 jacket and boots, walking Father out of my room and to the main hall.

I scan the room, although, I don't know what I'm looking for... my mission- my... I must make sure Rosario is safe. 

Rosario sits in his chair; I sit beside him. 

Y/N: Did you perform an exorcism on me? 

Rosario laughs a little, then coughs some more. 

Rosario: I used a prayer from an exorcism, my son, I did not have to go further. I allowed you to sleep peaceful the remainder of that night. 

Y/N: At the cost of you? Typical, selfless, Father... you need to rest! I'm tired of playing it off any longer... 

He looks at me with wide eyes, shocked by my tone. 

Y/N: You are sick... please... the children need you... 

Rosario: Y/N... my son... <who has been teaching you all the right things?> 

Y/N: You have...

Rosario then gestures hand towards me with a smirk on his face. 

Y/N: No... I can't replace you when you're gone... Samira is a much better option... she hasn't lost the beliefs; her commitment hasn't been interrupted.