Chapter 38: Ahri

Y/N POV

It's near the end of Holiday break as of now, and... hardly any snow is left.

Which means...

UNPACKING TIME!

With more music to keep us going, we finished unpacking the moving truck.

The girls refused to sit back and make all the workers do it, they demanded that they helped too, so they did.

I never believed Bao could carry his own bed, but that is one strong fucking cat.

Bao: Meow...

I step over and clear Bao as I put down the last box out of the truck, an old box labelled "Ahri's Shtuff, no touchy".

I probably shouldn't have, because I get a death-glare from Ahri as soon as I set it down in her room.

Ahri: Did you look in it?

Y/N: No.

Ahri: DID YOU LOOK IN IT?!

Kali: Woah, woah! What happened? Did you guys break something?

Ahri: I caught him carrying my "shtuff".

Kali: Your... oh, your Ionia box?

Y/N: Ionia box? Makes sense now... since you're Vastayan. I'm really sorry, I should've asked.

Kali: Nothing is going to be damaged in there, it's all photos and your diaries-

Ahri: SHHHHHH!!! In due time!

She frantically goes through the box, dropping another box that had beauty products in it.

Ahri: Okay... *sigh* everything looks fine... sorry, Y/N it's...

Y/N: No, no, that's okay, heirlooms are very important. Why do you think I refuse to get rid of my Cadillac? That's the last piece of Rosario I have left now... one that's properly usable.

Kali: Ahri, you're acting like we don't have long family lineage too... we love you girl, we respect your values, where you came from.

Y/N: I love you, girl...

I kneel down next to her as she looks at some childhood photos.

One is her wrestling with an actual fox, while another is her smiling with hardly any teeth, holding a toy microphone.

She used ot have long black hair... and... the silvery-white tails still remain.

She looked adorable, and I guarantee her parents are very proud of her.

Y/N: Are they... still around?

Ahri: My parents? Y-yeah, yeah, I mean... technically.

Y/N: What do you mean?

Ahri: They passed away too, Y/N, I have no parents now. Before I met my parents, I was raised by animals, which was how I adapted and... became Vastayan in the first place. I just... I freaked out when I saw you with this box because... I don't want to see this box. *Sniff*

Y/N: I almost know exactly how that feels. I had no parents and were raised by people I barely knew. The parents I had before were horrible people...

Kali: I shouldn't be here probably...

Y/N: I can take it away, it's fine. Hey... Ahri... just breathe... I'm here.

Kali kneels down on the other side of the box, looking at stuff.

She finds a picture of... holy shit, that's both of them together!

Y/N: You guys were childhood friends?