Shots Fired

the last week of summer quickly faded into the first weeks of school. Edd gleefully delved into his studies, Kevin into his football, Nazz her cheer-leading, Eddy his schemes, and Ed into a bathtub of gravy.

Edd sat in the library after school, eagerly copying over notes from his college prep physics book into his journal. Study hall was his favorite time of day. Most of the other students had already gone home, so the library was blissfully quiet and peaceful.

"Pssst. Sockhead!"

Well, it was usually peaceful.

Double D looked up to see Eddy, grinning from ear to ear, sitting backwards in the chair next to him. His eyes were gleaming mischievously, and there was almost a hint of malice in them. Double D knew he was going to regret this question, but his asked anyway.

"What can I do for you, Eddy?" he whispered as loudly as he dared. Eddy stood up, beckoning for Double D to follow. Sighing, Double D closed his books and stood, following an all too eager Eddy out the library, down the hall and then out the side door of the school.

"Okay Eddy, what is it you wanted? " Double D asked, slightly more irate. The shorter boy looked as though he was going to burst from excitement.

"Do you remember last week when Kevin and I got in a scuffle and he gave me that shiner?" Eddy asked with disdain in his voice. Double D snorted. Calling it a scuffle was giving Eddy way too much credit. He had 'poked the bear', so to speak, taunting Kevin about his beloved motorcycle, and Kevin had given him one hell of an ass-whooping.

'Yes, Eddy, I think the whole school remembers. What about it?" Yep, there it was. Double D could see that dangerous spark in Eddy's eyes.

" Well, let's just say I found the perfect way to get him back." Eddy's smile had a little more than mischief in it this time. Double D had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"C'mon, I'll show ya!" Eddy grabbed Double D's wrist, nearly dragging him the entire way back to the Cul-de-sac.

By the time they had reached the Cul-de-sac, Double D was exhausted and nearly at the end of his rope with Eddy, so he felt a sense of relief when they neared Eddy's house. Surprisingly, however, Eddy kept right on going, ducking behind Kevin's Garage, signaling Double D to follow.

Double D paused, his heart in his throat. Something didn't feel right about this. Eddy was being far too secretive. Suddenly, Double D was very worried, but despite his better judgement, He followed. Eddy motioned for him to be quiet, and pointed to a small window that led to the interior of Kevin's Garage. Shaking slightly, Double D approached the window and peered inside.

What he saw made his heart drop through the floor. He felt all the blood drain from his face at the sight. He turned around and leaned against the side of the garage, his body starting to shake violently from the panic that was seizing him.

Eddy's grin was enormous.

"So, what d'ya think Sockhead? Am I a genius or what?" He was bouncing with excitement. Double D's eyes grew wide with terror.

"Eddy, do you have ANY idea what you've done?!" Double D could hardly speak, he was shaking so hard.

"YOU DISASSEMBLED KEVIN'S BIKE"