chapter 3

THE BATTLE WAS TERRIBLY exhausting and didn't last for more than one hour. The more damage you got to inflict on him was when you got to cut one of his arms off, which was still pretty impressive.

You were sitting on all fours, trying to breathe properly. You had no injuries on your body, but you were out of stamina. Douma did not even give his all in the battle. You could tell he was holding back, which made you feel insulted.

The demon approached you and stood just in front of you, looking down with an expression of fake sympathy. "How unfortunate," He sighed, crouching down. "You tried so hard."

He leaned closer, his malicious gaze fixated on you. "You were quite adorable though." He taunted, his voice filled with amusement. "Perhaps I'll keep you around, y/n."

You let out shaky breaths as you tried to regain control of your trembling body. "W-what?"

Douma chuckled softly before leaning closer to you once again. "Oh, don't worry..." He reassured, running a finger along your cheek. "I won't kill you just yet."

He pulled back with a cheerful smile. "I think I'll keep you with me!" He declared, his eyes glinting. Your head shot up at his words, not sure if you heard what he said correctly. "I'll take care of you." Douma's voice seemed almost caring. "But you'll have to do what I say, okay?"

You frowned at him. "Absolutely not!" You grip your sword tightly and stick it on the ground. Using it as a support, you stand up with difficulty.

Douma stood up straight, his smile falling away a little bit as he watched you struggling. "Why would you resist? You're going to die if you continue like this."

He didn't make any move to kill you as he saw you draw your sword from the ground and bring it in front of you. Instead, he took a step back and raised his fans. "I don't want to hurt you, y/n." His voice became a little less cheerful. "But if you insist on fighting, I might have to."

You were tired but you still stood your ground the best you could. Douma watched you calmly when you ran in his direction with your blade up in the air. When you got closer, he easily stepped to the side, fluidly dodging your weak attack.

"You're quite determined, aren't you?" He smiled as he twirled his fans in his hand. "Although I suppose it's admirable, in a way."

You looked at him with a fierce look, ready to attack or avoid one. "Such fire," He commented before stepping forward, swinging his fans in a graceful arc. "How much energy do you have left? Let's see."

You dodged his attack at the last moment and immediately went for an attack, which was a bad decision. "Love Breathing, Second Form; Love-" You interrupted yourself as you felt an intense feeling of pain coming from your heart and fell to the ground on your knees. Your hand quickly covered your chest, where your heart was, letting out a pained yelp.

"Well that didn't take long!" Douma taunted, crouching down at your height once again. "Pathetic." He placed one of his hands on your head, his fingers running through your hair. "But don't worry y/n..." Upper Moon 2 murmured, his rainbow eyes shining. "I'll take care of you."

The last thing you saw before your vision went black and collapsed was Douma's hand moving fast towards your neck.

Mitsuri, Tanjiro... I'm sorry. I failed.

To be continued...

—————————If you're able to breathe, you need to vote

—————————
If you're able to breathe, you need to vote.

DEMON SLAYER FUN FACT: Demon Slayer is set in the Taisho era of Japan, a period that spanned from 1912 to 1926.

🐦‍⬛