chapter 4

DEMON SLAYER CORPS

"THIS WAY, THIS WAY! FOLLOW me!" The crow spoke loudly as it flew through the forest quickly. Not far behind it was a group of demon slayers running and following the Kasugai Crow lead.

It had come back to the headquarters in a hurry, immediately going to Ubuyashiki. Quickly after, Kagaya gave the orders that two Hashiras and a group of Kanotos slayers must follow y/n's crow, Nobutoshi, and help her in the mission that she was given.

"I wonder what demon awaits us there. It must be an upper or lower moon, considering that the master sent both of us to help the girl. Don't you think so, Tengen?" The Insect Hashira, Kocho Shinobu, spoke as she ran beside her comrade. The younger slayers were following behind them.

"It doesn't matter. As long as we kill it flamboyantly, the mission will be successful." Uzui Tengen, the Sound Hashira, answered.

They all continued to run in silence and on their guards, trying to pinpoint the location of the dangerous demon.

Not long after, the bird slowed down and the group came to a halt. Nobutoshi couldn't find y/n anywhere and panic started to settle into the heart of the young crow. The other slayers not doing anything only confirmed that both the searched girl and the demon were not here anymore.

"And to say I had prepared a flashy entrance." Uzui shook his head and dropped his hands down, not keeping the offensive state he had earlier.

"Nobutoshi, is this where the demon was? I only sense a faint trace of a demon, but it indicates to me that it already left the era. Plus, where is the young girl?" Shinobu put her sword back into the scabbard on her waist.

"She's probably dead." Someone in the group commented. The Insect Hashira felt a wave of anger at the thought of not being able to save another human.

She sighed and kept her cute smile. "Let's not lose hope, shall we? Look for any trace of the slayer. In the meantime, Tengen and I will split up and search the village."

"Once we're done, let's meet up at this place again." The Sound Hashira spoke loudly before running out of the forest quickly.

After 4 hours, the two Hashiras and the Kanotos were all back together in the forest once again. "What a bummer, couldn't find anything," Uzui spoke with a bored tone as he sat nonchalantly on a rock, trying his best to keep a good appearance.

"That applies to me as well," Shinobu added. "Did anyone of you find something?"

The group of teenagers looked at each other with an unsure and anxious glare. One of the boys present pushed a girl forward. "I- um, well. We did find something." The girl took something out of her uniform pocket and handed it to Shinobu. "A letter that we guessed was written by a family member to y/n was lying on the ground." The young woman bowed respectfully before stepping back into the gang.

Uzui seemed interested and stood up to see the piece of paper. "I see. I guess nobody found her body?" Shinobu spoke gently while analyzing the letter.

The silence that each Kanoto expressed answered the question and they eventually all made their way back to the headquarters.

It was only five days later that Shinobu had the opportunity to give the letter to Mitsuri. Kocho's action didn't need words to be understood.

That night, the Love Hashira cried herself to sleep, not believing that y/n was dead.

Not when what happened seemed too strange.

To be continued...

——————————What are you waiting for? Vote

——————————
What are you waiting for? Vote.

DEMON SLAYER FUN FACT: Muichiro wears loose and oversized clothes in order to disorient enemies. This is supposed to hinder their ability to predict Muichiro's movements.

🕍