chapter 6

YOU QUICKLY CRAWLED BACK on the bed, putting distance between him and you. "I want to go home." You demanded while looking at him.

"Oh, but you already are home," Douma spoke with an enthusiastic tone. "Go to hell bastard." You reply with a hateful voice.

"Ah, why are you being so mean to me, y/n? There's no need to be mean. I'm only trying to help you." He mentions it in a much sweeter tone. He was probably trying to calm you down, but all you gave him in return was a cold and hostile look.

"Hmm? Did I do something wrong?" At his words, your face changed into an expression of incredulity. Was he playing dumb? You couldn't analyze his facial emotions and you doubted he had some for a second.

You stood in the same place for a while with the same look on your face before you unexpectedly launched his way to attack.

Douma didn't bother to dodge or fight back and instead caught your hands, now holding your two hands in his. He seems completely unperturbed by your anger right now.

"You truly are interesting!" His voice remained the same as usual, cheerful. You grunted in annoyance and tried other moves with your legs to hurt him. As you try to kick him, he stops you mid-kick while holding your two wrists with one hand while the other is now busy with your leg. "You are really adorable, y/n."

If only you had your nichirin sword. If it was still in your possession, you would have a chance at escaping or harming him. Your face was expressing pure irritation knowing that attacking him was useless since he would have the upper hand.

Douma leans closer to you and his hand holding your leg slowly slides up, reaching your thigh. "Are you not fighting back anymore?" He smirks in a menacing way.

You humph and take the opportunity to remove your leg from his hold as he wasn't holding you properly.

The both of you looked at each other for a while before Douma spoke up first. "You're even prettier closer, you look like a doll." You didn't answer anything and gave him a weird look.

Without any warning, Douma pulls on your wrists and brings you closer to him, his arms wrapping around you. You gasp in surprise, not expecting to be held like that. Especially since it was a demon.

You didn't understand why, but Douma started to gently rock you in his arms while placing a kiss on your forehead. You stood still, frozen in place, not registering what was happening.

"My, my, I wonder how you got into the demon slayer's corps! Look at you y/n, you seem so fragile. Like a little doll that needs to be taken care of." He says in a somewhat creepy way but at the same time, it sounds like he's complimenting you in his own way.

At his words, you frowned, not liking what he said, and tried to push him away. "Aw... But why are you pushing me away? That's not really nice, you know."

His embrace felt cold. Even if his body was warm, you couldn't feel it. It was as if there was nothing. Being so close to Upper Moon 2 felt overwhelming to you. You continued in your attempts to push him away, but he never even moved an inch and kept you close in his arms. Were you actually that powerless against him without your nichirin sword?

You slowly grew mad and disgusted. He was hugging you. A demon was hugging you.

You who despised demons. You promised your family to kill everyone that you would encounter, yet look at you now. You couldn't even push a demon away. You found yourself pathetic.

"I'll kill you." You clenched your fists and gritted your teeth as you spoke. Douma chuckled at you. "That is a nice goal you have there y/n, but let's face it. You're completely helpless without your sword and you're not strong enough to fight me barehanded."

You didn't answer and wanted to shoot him in the head with a gun. "You really do fit the role of a doll! One that's mine." He spoke loudly. A tear silently rolled on your cheek as Douma rested his chin on the top of your head, bringing you closer to him. You never hugged him back.

After a while of him holding you, his hold loosened and you took that opportunity to push him away. Knowing that escaping with him in the same room as you was pointless, you walked away to sit on the bed, your head hanging low.

Disgusted, tears threatened to fall from your eyes once again. Douma couldn't catch the hint and just followed you. When you sat on the bed, he parted your legs apart and kneeled between them, in front of you. "What's wrong my doll? Are those tears?" He asked while wrapping his arms around your waist and resting his head on your stomach.

"Leave me alone." You pushed him away with your leg, not liking how clingy he was with you.

Douma pouted and stayed on the ground as you pushed him away once again. "Why is everyone so mean to me..." He got up from the ground and left the room. "Oh and y/n, such things as hell and heaven don't exist." He commented before closing the door and finally leaving you alone.

You let out a deep breath you didn't know you were holding and restrained the tears that wanted to fall.

Mitsuri, I don't think I'll be coming home.

To be continued...

——————————Remember to vote if you like the story so far!

——————————
Remember to vote if you like the story so far!

LITTLE DOLL FUN FACT: Each emoji at the end of chapters are actually spoilers for the next one to come.

😈