chapter 2

AFTER A DAY OF NON-STOP traveling, you finally arrived at your destination. The demon slayer corps sent you there to make sure there wasn't a demon so you could clear up the suspicions. Two girls mysteriously disappeared yesterday, but there were chances that a demon wasn't involved in those disappearances.

In a good mood, you entered a shop and ordered Donburi. You then sat at a table, waiting for your meal while subtly listening to the other customers' conversation. Maybe you could find more information on what happened.

A marriage, the Eternal Paradise Cult, a kid's birthday, and pretty kimonos. None of those conversations were useful for your mission.

"Here is your bowl of Donburi! Have a nice meal, young lady!" The owner of the store came to the table and placed your meal in front of you. "Thank you, sir!" You gave him a bright smile before digging in. "Tasty!" You commented after the first bite.

After eating, you paid for your meal and quickly exited the shop. You had to find something, a hint that could tell you if there is in fact a demon roaming in this small village or not.

You walked around, closely inspecting the surroundings, but you found nothing. However, there was a forest that was a little bit more apart from the village and you could see a very faint debut of a path.

"Oh?" You let out as you tilted your head to the side. You started walking towards that track, your hand gripping slightly on your sword. You carefully entered the woods and followed the path. It continued for a while before it stopped in the middle of nowhere.

"Well, that is weird..." You mumbled to yourself.

Suddenly, you felt that your heart skipped a beat. You felt fear running in your blood as an overpowering sensation in the air was enough to make your legs go weak. That feeling brought you back to years ago when you felt the exact same thing as a child.

A demon. There's a demon!

You drew out your sword and made a quick movement with your hand to make a signal to your crow. It had to bring more demon slayers to the site, and quickly! That presence was not an ordinary demon.

"What is weird, may I ask?" A voice was heard behind you and you quickly turned around, your sword ready.

In front of you was a man with long platinum hair. He was wearing a blood-red turtleneck that showed off his muscular body, tan-colored hakama pants, and a black cloak around his shoulders. In his hands was a pair of gold fans. What stood out the most though, was his rainbow eyes. Upper Moon two were engraved on them.

You kept your katana in front of you in a defensive position as you tightened your grip on it. There was no way you could defeat an upper moon alone, especially not upper moon 2. You weren't a Hashira, you did not have the talent for it yet, but there was no option of running away. You would fight him, even if it was pointless. Maybe you'll be able to inflict enough harm on him so the others could bring him down.

"My, my! What a fine young woman you are!" Upper Moon 2 said as he laughed, using one of his fans to cover up his smile.

Your eyebrows furrowed. That laugh didn't seem genuine, it was too... perfect. "My name is Douma, don't you think this night is particularly beautiful?" He spoke to you with a carefree smile.

You gritted your teeth. "Was it you who took those two girls yesterday?"

Douma put his fan down and made a dejected face as he plodded towards you. "And to say I thought I was being secretive... Guess I'll have to try harder next time, right?" His tone changed again and this time, he had a smile on his face.

In his words, he didn't care. It pained you. How can someone be so cruel? How can you just take people's lives and go on as if it was nothing? He didn't even bother to take on a defensive position. Perhaps he didn't see you as a threat.

You raised your sword to your side and took a deep breath. "Love Breathing, First Form; Shivers of First Love."

You gave yourself a speed boost from the ground and ran at Douma with speed. Using the flexibility of your body, you jumped around to perform complicated gymnastics movements while still advancing towards Upper Moon 2 quickly.

When you reached him, you lifted your armament up, ready to bring it down with force, and hit him. However, in an instant, he disappeared and he was not in front of you anymore.

"Oh? You seem more capable than I thought. Tell me, what's your name?" He was now standing behind you once again.

You landed with ease on the ground, quickly turning to face him. "Y/n l/n."

"Is that so? Well y/n, can you put up a good fight for me?" His charming smile never left his face as he talked.

You felt scared, you were scared. As a demon slayer, you weren't perfect and still had some steps left to become a Hashira. Now, you have to battle one of the most powerful demons alone?

You shook your head, removing those thoughts. You will battle him, and you will die if needed.

"Love Breathing, Fifth Form; Swaying Love, Wildclaw!" You leaped into the air with a somersault and attacked Douma again.

To be continued...

-————————Vote for 0

-————————
Vote for 0.5¢

DEMON SLAYER FUN FACT: To upgrade to the 'Hashira' rank, a Demon Slayer must kill fifty demons or a demon that belongs to the Twelve Kizuki.

🔚