Twenty seven

Brooke knew how things were getting messy between her and Max. She knew that he wanted her to give him the money for the mortgage. She couldn't.

She had a child to look after and provide for. He said that she had to pay for cheating on him. He had cheated on her too. Neither of them were innocent in the whole situation.

She felt as though it was getting more and more complicated. She hated how things had changed. Max had been trying to make it so hard for her with Tom.

Brooke knew that she needed to somehow make it work. She needed to make Max see that he was being stupid. That he couldn't expect her to pay him for something that he had gotten.

Things had been getting complicated. And she knew it was causing tension between her and Tom. She knew that Tom was pissed at how things had changed.

She knew that it was hard. She didn't know why Max expected her to get money from. She was a teacher. And she had her money in savings. In Poppy's university fund.

All she knew was that things weren't going to be easy. Especially as Max was causing trouble. She just needed to somehow make it all seem worth it.

Morning came around all too quickly for her. She sighed as she looked to see Tom. He was sitting up in bed. "Babe. I'm sorry about this whole thing with Max. I just don't want it to cause crap with us," she said.

Tom sighed. "It's not you. It's him. And I don't think it's fair how he expects you to pay him back for the mortgage on his house," he told her.

"It's cause I lived there. He doesn't like the idea of that. I'm sorry he's dragged you into it," Brooke said.

"Babe. It's fine. I'm not mad at you."

Brooke smiled. She knew that as long as she had Tom, she would be okay.

***
Brooke and Tom went into work. Tom kissed her and walked off with Poppy. Brooke walked over to Chloe and smiled. "Hey. You okay?" She asked.

"Nope. Max and I had a massive argument this morning. I'm not... I don't know how to cope with it. I'm pregnant. I don't need his fucking shit," Chloe said.

Brooke smiled. "Hey. You can make this work. I know he's a jerk. But you have to think of the baby. And you have to think about weather or not you can be happy as a single mum. Max is a lot of things. But I know he can be a good dad."

"Really? Cause he said he doesn't want to know."

"In that case, you can be a single mum."

***
Brooke was sitting in the staffroom. Max walked in. He looked to her. "I need the first payment by tomorrow. So."

Brooke rolled her eyes. She sighed. "I'm not paying you for something you did. You can take me to court. But I never asked you to do this," she said.

Max smirked as he looked to her. "You're starting a war you won't be able to finish," he said as he turned and walked off.

Brooke sighed. Not knowing how it was about to turn horrible with her and Max.