Twelve

Brooke was fuming. She wanted to know who had attacked her sister and she was going to kill them. No one hurt her and got away with it.

She arrived at the hospital and saw her mum standing outside. "What's happened?"

"The attack has done some damage. She's had to give birth through an emergency c-section. It's not looking good for either of them," she said.

Brooke paled. She saw the look on Max's face. She knew in that moment that Chloe had given birth to his baby. She didn't know how she felt about it. But she knew that the big mess had to be sorted.

***

Brooke was standing outside. Max came out and smiled. "Is everything okay?" He asked.

"When were you planning on telling me? You're the father of Chloe's baby. I'd have found out eventually," Brooke said. She was fuming. She hated him.

Max frowned. He knew it had to have been Tom who told her. He looked into her eyes. "It was only the once. She told me she wouldn't ruin us. I promise. It's you that I want and you that I love."

Brooke shook her head. "But it's not just once is it Max? It was more than once. You had a full blown affair with her. My sister. I'll kill you for this. You ruined us and now my sister is fighting for her life. You'll regret this Max."

***

Claire had gone to get Chloe some stuff. Brooke stood outside her room. A doctor came out. "Shes my sister. Can you tell me anything?" She asked.

The nurse sighed. "She was stabbed. The baby is lucky to have survived. Your sister is even luckier. She's going to need a lot of support."

Brooke just nodded. She was hurt over her sister and Max. But she knew her sister needed to come first. She got a text from Tom;

We can make a go of things if you want us to. I don't want no one but you. I love you - Tom xx

Brooke smiled slightly. She knew she felt more than just love for Tom. She wanted to have a life with him. Just them and their baby.

***

Tom looked up as Max walked in. He frowned. "How did you get into my house?" He asked.

Max rolled his eyes. "You left your back door unlocked. I should have known to not trust you. You told Brooke about Chloe and I. Now she knows."

Tom rolled his eyes and looked at Max. He smirked. "You shouldn't play with fire Max. You'll get burnt. Go and be there for Chloe and your baby.  Leave Brooke alone."

"What is it? I had her first and now you want her? You need to man up Tom. Girls like Brooke and Chloe. They want someone who will show them passion and love. Not just boring sex. How do you think I had them both in my bed?"

Tom was fuming. He hated how Max was treating the girls. Like they were just objects. He wasn't going to let Max get away with it.

But with so many threats against Max, would someone go through with it?