Unlucky Cat Arc Part 3 (Finale)

Somethings wrong, that's something I've been slowly realizing with Felicia during her time here. She's been flirty with me, very flirty which is normal for her but not this much. Especially when it's aimed at me. Then there's the dance, it felt magnificent. Even though she was the one taking the lead with me following it dug up some old feelings. Feelings I'm not going to act on because as I've said before I want to go back but at the same time don't. There's one thing I've learned very clearly now: I've hurt a lot of people due to my asshole behavior. Way more than I thought.

Jumping onto the side of a building I tried to think of a place I could find her. When I told her we would talk later the look of disappointment on her face told me all I needed to know. Seeing her swing away also told me she needed a quiet space to be by herself. Oh god I'm such an idiot. It was our favorite place to watch the city at night. The empire state building.

Thankfully I wore my suit to the party just in case something happened and it wasn't too far from the empire state building too. Climbing the side of the building I got to the top quickly. Pulling myself up I already saw Felicia sitting on the ledge one leg hanging over the edge and hugging the other close to her chest. Looking at her I could tell she didn't have a smirk or smile like she usually does. Walking over I sat down next to her looking out over the city with her. We sat in silence deciding I'll let her talk to me first when she wants to.

(Play Music Above)

"Can we take off the masks?", she suddenly said. I reached up pulling my mask off while she took her domino mask off.

"What's going on Felicia? talk to me"

"I left them Jack. My parents", Felicia started with a sad look. This surprised me since I knew she didn't get along with her parents but to completely leave them was unthinkable.

"How long have you been on your own?", I asked, earning a smirk.

"Five months, been using the things I've stolen to fund my endeavors which included that nice penthouse"

"Seems to be doing well then", I commented. Her smirk soon vanished.

"I left because they wanted to wed me off to some other well known rich family. Of course I told them how I disagreed with it but they didn't want to hear it. The longer I stayed with them the longer I felt like I was caged. Cats don't like being in cages Jack", she said tears forming in her eyes. Seeing the pain in them made me realize why she came to New York.

"you came for me"

"....yeah"

"You want me to come with you"

"Yeah", she said with a tear running down her face. Turning my body to her I wiped the tear away as she nervously chuckled, wiping her eyes herself.

"Thanks. I came here because after a few months I was having the time of my life but then I got lonely. I started thinking about the time we had together and how happy we were. You told me about how your parents were killed and I saw first hand the anger you had from it. When we were together I saw it beginning to slowly go away. Other than your aunt you don't have anything here Jack. We could travel the world together and be happy! you want to be happy don't you?", she said with tears running down her face. In one night I've made two girls cry. Real nice Jack, Real nice. Looking at her I let my head hang before letting out a long sigh. She just turned back to the city not liking my reaction.

Deciding to be bold I slid next to her wrapping my arms around her waist with my head resting on her shoulder. She always liked it when I did this. She found it calming being in my arms. She leaned her head into my chest calming down. Cuddling up we sat there for a while enjoying each other's company before I spoke.