5. best friends

⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

       MAGGIE STARES AT THE gift marked as Belly's birthday gift. Normally, the blonde would think she's the last person she'd wanna see but after last night, she might be the only person Belly wants to see.

     She's sure the Fisher's have already celebrated it because God knows the Finnegan twins wake up too late.

      "What'd you get Belly?" Maggie asks her brother from beside her. "Theo and I got her, uh, a new dress or something," Caiden cluelessly replies. "Did anything happen last night with you guys?" Maggie curiously inquires, gently shoving her brother. The blonde boy just huffs, walking towards their front door.

      "I already gave her her gift," Millie speaks up from the couch. "Oh, yeah?" Maggie quirks. Millie turns against the couch, "Yeah! I went in the morning. Apparently—Aspen and Belly got into an argument last night. What's that about?" Millie asks like a nosy teenager.

       The twins just share a knowing glance, not feeling like explaining the embarrassment the others put Belly through last night. "Stupid teenage shit," Caiden replies, opening the door with Maggie behind him.

As soon as they get to the Fisher's home they can hear the others in the backyard. Then Maggie remembers, Taylor is here. They were fine before the breakup but after the breakup, Taylor hasn't talked to Maggie since. She wonders what details Belly had told her hometown best friend.

        Theo is already there as they turn the corner, running towards the twins to greet them in his swim shorts. Caiden is immediately distracted but clears his throat, knocking him back into reality. "Hey, birthday girl, more gifts!" Theo exclaims and Belly gasps in excitement. Her eyes land on Maggie and the gift hanging from her hands in the birthday bag.

      Belly emerges from the water and Maggie's lips part in surprise. Belly is wearing a bikini, something she once refused. Turning 16 means new milestones.

     Her hands wrap around her stomach, insecurities still evident as she walks up to her friends. "Happy birthday!" Caiden and Maggie speak at the same time. Belly beams, "Thank you, guys! I'd hug you, but," She gestures to the water clinging to her skin. "It's okay," Maggie assures her, handing her the gift. She happily opens Theo and Caiden's first, gasping at the sight of a red gingham dress. "Oh, it's so pretty. Thank you!" She says. "Theo picked it," Caiden gives him all the credit but Theo just rolls his eyes with a smile.

       Carefully, Belly grabs Maggie's gift. It's a smaller bag compared to the boy's gift. Maggie looks over the girl's shoulder, seeing Taylor practically staring her down, probably hoping to explode her head off her shoulders.

       "Maggie," Belly affectionately says, holding up all the Pura Vida bracelets Maggie got her, "These are so cute. Uh, thank you, Mags."