6

THIRD PERSON POV:

Over three weeks had gone by since the first day at Beacon Academy.

The students have adapted to the daily routines at the prestigious school as many have felt growth in both their combat ability and overall mindset.

However, some students are having some difficulty in improving while others are left reveling at their newfound growth in power as is the case shown in the combat match between Jaune and Cardin.

At the start of the match it was already made clear that Jaune was at a major disadvantage as he has only managed to stay combative in the match for so long is due to his strategic mind.

One such example is him luring Cardin into doing a wide Mace swing, which leaves a brief recovery period that Jaune uses to land a sword strike.

This however only makes the Winchester angry as he does another swing that knocks Jaune down.

Getting back up in utter exhaustion, Jaune uses his sword to stay up.

He faces Cardin, who just laughs at his fatigue as it prompts him to channel all his strength and rush at Cardin with Crocea Mors.

The Winchester jumps out of the way, which leaves Jaune to look back in shock as a Mace attack sends him flying.

Now armed with just his blade, Jaune tries to land a second attack as Cardin blocks it with the hilt of his mace.

This leaves the two combatants in a power clash as Cardin pushes Jaune back at every moment.

Cardin: (towers over the weapon clash) This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: (unable to gain an edge) Over my dead-!

His sentence is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, which forces the Arc teen to drop Crocea Mors and hold his stomach over in pain while downed on the floor.

Cardin proceeds to raise his mace up to do one last attack on Jaune, until the match buzzer sounds as the arena they're currently on is revealed.

Glynda: Cardin, the match is over!

The school combat instructor makes it over to the arena while the other students look on.

Cardin: (relents) So close to the finale.

Above them is a screen that displays the amount of Aura that Jaune and Cardin currently possess, the former is shown to be in the red zone.

Glynda: Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match.

Jaune continues to lay on the floor in defeat as he then pulls out his Scroll to examine how much of his Aura was lost in the battle.

Glynda: Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please refrain from relying on your scroll too much to gauge your Aura levels.

Glynda: Aura is a extension of ourselves. You must focus on gauging your level of Aura on your own in order to decide on when to attack or retreat as if it were second nature.

Glynda: We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself...

Glynda: (to her seated students, RWY and GREY SAN being among them) Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away!

Glynda: (goes on) It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!