7

THIRD PERSON POV:

Weeks had passed since Jaune unintentionally let out his secret to Cardin.

Since then the now blackmailed teenager has been forced to do task after task for Cardin and his team.

Jaune makes it to the door of his dorm as he hears voices inside.

Nora: (jumping on her bed) How come Jaune gets home so late?

Ren: (reloads Stormflower) He's become rather scarce since he started fraternizing with Cardin.

Nora: That's weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest! (proclaims all this while twirling in midair so her back hits the covers)

Pyrrha: (angrily looks out the window) I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing.

Nora: Mmmm... Guess so.

With their conversation now over, Jaune slumps down on the floor with his head lowered in shame.

He remains like so until a familiar voice catches his attention.

Stella: Jaune?

He looks up to see the Mizuchi as she is shown to be a little beaten up.

Jaune: Whoa! Are you ok?

Stella: Hmm? (realizes) I-I'm fine! I wanted to train and Ayano let me spar with her.

Jaune: She could've went easier on you.

Stella: I wouldn't want that. I have to be the best I can be for the team.

Jaune: Heh. (downcast) I feel the same.

Stella: Why are you out here alone?

Jaune: I...uh...I've had a bad couple of weeks.

Stella: Your friends in Team CRDL all seems to be in quite the opposite mood.

Jaune: Yeah...

Stella: What will you do now?

Jaune: I don't know. I messed up so badly and now Cardin has me on a leash and Pyrrha doesn't even want to talk to me anymore.

Jaune: I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea. I'm a failure.

Stella: I don't think that's true.

Jaune: Huh?

Stella: Think about it. You were able to take down a Deathstalker with your team on our first day here.

Jaune: All I did was run around like an idiot.

Stella: That's not what I heard from Pyrrha and the others, you came up with the strategy and played to the strengths of your team.

Stella: I think you have great instincts as a leader.

Jaune: You should've seen how I landed, pinned up to a tree by a spear.

Stella: Everyone needs help once in a while.

Jaune: Even leaders?

Stella: Especially leaders. The decisions they have to make, the constant stress on what the result will be. I know that I'd probably crack on the first day.

Stella: That's when I decided to become the best teammate I can be and to accept whatever advice my teammates have to offer.

Jaune: Doesn't it make you feel like a burden?