Pt 14

Tuesday, July 18th had arrived which means Sooyoung would get the test results from last Monday's lab work. She was eager to know the results but being busy with a patient made Taemin's words run all over in the back of her mind freshly knowing how badly she wanted a child. If there's anything work has taught her it's to keep work and private life separate which now was the perfect time to apply that rule. Considering this patient she was tending to needed all of her attention as he was a critical patient everyone who helped Sooyoung had no time to play around as there was a precious life right there in front of their care needing help. Once she got that patient taken care of Sooyoung went into the nurse's lounge leaning against the wall and taking deep breaths to refocus her mind back on work putting her Apple Watch into Do not disturb mode at the moment so no one could call her until lunch. Out of the blue, there came a load of patients all at the same time from ambulances, walk-ins and the already hospitalized patients needing care. Luckily for Sooyoung, she had extra nurses that were travel nurses working with her in this shift or she'd be so run down by the time she finished her shift. Hopping from room to room staying on her toes now having her mind off herself strictly being 100% attentive to her patients.

After that rush one of the doctors on shift noticed Sooyoung wasn't feeling herself so he sent her to break which was a good thing for her since it gave her time to wait on a phone call while eating something considering she was been running on an empty stomach for a good while now. Sooyoung sat down taking a look at her Apple Watch taking off the Do Not Disturb mode to see if she'll get a call from her doctor with the results within that time limit. Soon enough after Sooyoung did that her watch rang and it indeed was the doctor calling so immediately Sooyoung answered while eating. "Hello is this Mrs. Lee?" "Yes, ma'am Mrs Lee speaking how can I help you?" "Well Ma'am, we have the results back from the tests you did for us last Monday. Well, everything looks good except we found 25 mIU of human chorionic gonadotropin or hCG which both are present in your lab and urine tests. So I can officially give my congratulations considering you're pregnant and good luck on your pregnancy." Sooyoung sat there silent for a while before thanking the doctor hanging up then holding her head in her hands crying being overwhelmed with too many emotions.  Sooyoung now knew what Taemin had said of this weekend was true so now her priority right now was to finish her food and then get back to her patients. Quickly finishing her food Sooyoung put everything away into her lunch pail going straight back to work being busy til clock out. 

By the time 18:00 of the next day got around to Sooyoung, she had become extremely exhausted by the lack of sleep it was catching up with her slowly.  Sooyoung didn't get a good night's rest as it was on Monday night going into Tuesday morning considering the factor of being called in at 04:00 am so hopefully her boss would let her have Wednesday off to rest the entire day. Sooyoung called Minho to get a ride home because there was no way she trusted herself behind the wheel to drive home. Sooyoung explained the situation and of course, someone had to drive Sooyoung's car home so Key got the privilege of doing so considering Sooyoung's Mercedes-Benz AMG GT 43 4-door was the same one as Key's. So it was no problem for Key to operate as Sooyoung handed Key the fob to her then climbed into the back seat of Minho's Mustang GT500 getting comfortable as Minho made sure to drive Sooyoung home safely. Key trailed behind the two of them enjoying the tunes Sooyoung had in her car. 

Upon arrival, Taemin got so excited to see Sooyoung's car pull into the driveway but was also confused as to why Minho's car was with Sooyoung. Taemin looked closer at Sooyoung's car seeing Key was driving it wondering why Sooyoung wasn't behind the wheel and where she was considering she wasn't visible. Taemin unlocked the door running out to the cars to investigate. Minho rolled his window so Taemin could see into the car that his wife was fast asleep in the back seat but in the meantime, Key got out of Sooyoung's car taking the fob and her belongings to Taemin before opening the back door to Minho's Mustang gently reaching inside the car scooping Sooyoung into his arms carrying her in the house placing her on the couch to respectfully touch Sooyoung's body only to solemnly cover her up. Taemin thanked Key and Minho both for helping out knowing he had his fatherly duties as well. Those duties were to ensure the safety also well-being of Hee in all aspects and ensure the house was kept up in every area knowing Sooyoung would be extremely tired like she is always saving lives all day long. Key hopped into the front seat with Minho as Taemin waved bye to the guy going back in the house locking it heading up to Hee's room deciding to just let Sooyoung sleep on the couch.