Chapter 24 - Ahead Of Our Tone

"...is that a Time Machine?"

Katrina was kinda terrified of the answer, since knowing their luck...

Well, time travel would not end well.

Laney sighed. "It's a Time Machine. The plan is to go a year into the future, see what music is like, and come back with this knowledge to blow people's minds."

"But since Trina is around, it won't go according to plan."

"I don't suppose..."

"No, she'll wrestle control back and sabotage it anyway."

"...Katrina-"

"Can't we destroy it?"

"I know we should, but I can't. And I won't let you destroy it either."

"Laney, you could get stuck in the future. That's actually something that can and...honestly, definitely will happen. That's my brother, and my best friend, stuck a year ahead in the future."

"Look, they don't listen to me and the only way we can stop them is to destroy the machine which I won't do. Katrina, I'm sorry but this conversation is over."

"...fine. Good luck, because you know you'll need it."

....

Just like Katrina had feared and warned, three members of Grojband including Corey and Laney were left stuck in the future.

Trina had taken over the town and music had been banned, it was a dark future.

For that whole year, all Katrina could do was wait.

She hoped that when the time came they would be okay, that Trina's minions wouldn't capture them.

Seeing them again after a whole year was really something.

They'd came ready to rock and gave Trina what she wanted so she could fall right into their trap.

And once Grojband's song was uploaded thanks to Mina, Trina ripped off the device and disabled the connection on everybody.

When Laney met with Katrina afterwards, she got a big hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay."

The redhead hugged her back. "I'm sorry I didn't listen to you, we should've destroyed that machine."

"It's okay. You came back, and it did all work out in the end."