Chapter 1 - Katrina

(A/N: me? Writing Grojband fanfiction in 2023 after a decade of refusing to look at anything about it until I pulled an all nighter waiting for Speak Now TV and started watching it again after that night which led to this? Not on my 2023 bingo card, but here we go)

Katrina and Trina are two separate beings in the same body.

Trina, the evil one, has control most of the time and uses this control to sabotage her brother's band, chase after Nick Mallory and force her best friend Mina to do whatever she wants.

While Katrina, the nice one, can barely manage to get control without force which she doesn't like to use.

But with Grojband needing gigs and Trina's diary to perform, Katrina wrestled control at long last with a plan.

She didn't need total control, it was Trina's emotional diary entries that provided lyrics so she needed to be in control to do so, but Katrina needed enough time to bring someone else into it.

Lucky for her, Trina had stolen Corey's phone and it had the number she was looking for.

Katrina typed out a quick text with a place and time to meet up, to not ask questions until that time and all will be explained.

Hopefully, Laney would show up.

....

"Is this some kind of trap? Are you going to threaten to expose my secrets unless I quit the band?"

"That's fair, but it's not Trina. I'm Katrina, the nicer one of the two souls in this body. I know you might not trust me but I wanted to tell someone else my plan to help the band."

Laney raised an eyebrow. "Well, usually Trina would be screaming by now and Mina would be close by. Also she'd definitely never text any of us, she wouldn't want to ruin her phone."

"Trina has control most of the time, but I care about my brother and I want Grojband to succeed. But I can't do it by myself, I need someone who's in the band and you're the the with the most common sense."

"...now I know you're not Trina. What exactly do you want me to help with?"

"So, I can't be in control forever so Trina can write in her diary and give you the lyrics. When I can take control, I'll text you and you just tell me whatever you know about the next gig. From there, we can figure out how to freak Trina out."

Laney nodded. "Just tell me when Trina's taking control back and delete the texts on your end before she sees."

"Way ahead of you. Shall we get started later today?"

"Text me when you're back, I better get going to rehearsal."

Laney left and Katrina let Trina take over once more, but not before deleting the texts she had sent.

Trina would have no idea, she could continue to be the mean girl.

While Katrina and Laney could work together in secret to figure out how to make sure the gig goes ahead and they have lyrics.

It was going to be fun.