CHAPTER 3 - YUG MEETS ITI

Dhruv – "Tara, what is happening in this house? First, Vidya aunty is speaking normal, Yug behaves abnormal after coming here. And here is blood."

Tara – "I too could not understand, Dhruv. But we have to do our work."

Dhruv – "How can we do like this? This seems like we are in a haunted place."

Tara – "Please Dhruv, for us Yug is important. We have to bear all this. Please look after Yug. I'll see what is happening here."

Reluctantly, Dhruv goes to downstairs. To Tara's surprise, the wooden rusted door turns normal door.

Tara – "Something is wrong in this room. But whose blood is this?"

Tara, Dhruv and Yug have their lunch with Vidya Devi. The food is delicious. Tara and Dhruv are surprised that she could cook deliciously like a typical mother. Tara and Dhruv appreciate her. After lunch, three kids come to the house. Vidya Devi greets the children and gave some sweets. They eat the sweets.

Vidya Devi says, "Tara, these children are my neighborhood children. Let Yug to play with them so that he can get comfortable."

Tara – "Vidya Devi, Yug could not play with these kids. He is intellectually challenged."

Vidya Devi – "Intellectually challenged. What is this, Tara? Let him play with kids. He would be alright."

Tara – "Vidya Devi, how could I make her understand?"

Dhruv whispers to Tara, "Let him go with these children. I think instead of staying in this weird bungalow, he could play with the boys."

Tara feels Dhruv is right though she is reluctant. She decides to let him go. She requests the children to take care of Yug as he is too new for this place. Yug smiles and leaves with those kids. The kids took Yug to a ground for playing cricket.

As they started playing, Yug starts enjoying it and he gets attached to them.

Suddenly an ice cream rickshaw comes there. The three kids leave to taste ice cream. Yug sits on ground. He refused to have ice-cream even after asked by the three kids.

Behind the cricket ground, there is a big lake. Captivated by its beauty, Yug moves there. Suddenly, a hand patted his shoulder.

As he turned back, an appearance becomes slowly visible from leg to face. She is a little girl of Yug's age. Yug recognized her instantly, "Iti, you're here."

Iti smiles at Yug, "I'm back."

Iti holds Yug's hands and looks at the river.

Iti – "Yug, do you remember this river? We have so many memories along with this river."

Yug – "Iti, I know only you. But I can't remember this river."

Iti – "Yug, that is really good. Thankfully you forgot the past. Otherwise.."

Yug – "What?"

Iti – "Nothing. Do you know when I lost my mother, I was mute for a year."

Yug remains silent. Yug and Iti lay on grass viewing the clouds.

Yug – "Then what happened, Iti?"

Iti – "Then, you visited my birthday party. My father bought me a cage of beautiful love birds as my gift. But you came there and in front of me, you released the cage. As I was mute, I couldn't say anything."

Iti laughs. Yug smiles at Iti.

Yug – "Iti, why did I release the cage? I am so mad. Then, your gift is spoiled."