Chapter 1

A/N: Ahhhh hello! I am here with another mini fic! This will probably be 10 chapters? This mini fic was inspired by one of lambtoslaughter prompt!!

Thank you so so much a_written_simulacra for going over this fic with me and re writing a lot of the earlier chapters to help me get the vibe for it! I appreciate you so much!

"Dude that is not going to end well," Mason laughed, his hand on Liam's shoulder. Liam knew that of course but it's not his job to help him, he warned him time and time again.

"It's his own fault, he wanted to play, I told him he wasn't ready." Liam shrugged. Looking up they saw Nolan on the field. Scrawny and anxious Nolan had come to Liam earlier in the day begging for a spot on the lacrosse team. Liam had warned him multiple times he wasn't ready, he hadn't practiced enough, but Nolan was adamant.

Shaking his head, he watched as Nolan caught the ball, about to run towards the goal he was tackled. Mason gasped "Oh, that's gotta hurt" he winced. Liam shook his head.

"I told him," he said, walking onto the field. Pushing past Brett, he stood beside him. "You good?" Liam asked, his blue eyes glancing down to Nolan.

The boy nodded, hurrying to his feet and brushing himself off. "I'm good, yeah I'm okay. I can play" Nolan said, making Liam shake his head.

"Nolan, I admire your determination, but I don't think you're ready. Brett barged you and you went down. I need a strong team" Liam said, being captain unfortunately came with decisions like this.

He liked Nolan, but he just wasn't good enough for this team. They were a strong team that knew each other well and worked together seamlessly. Glancing down Nolan sighed, "I just wanted to prove myself" he said. Liam placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You will, just not today okay?" Liam said. He felt for the guy, he really did. It wasn't like Liam had always been as talented at playing lacrosse, but he practiced a lot to get where he is.

Nolan nodded, although his expression was sad he didn't want to show it. "Thanks anyway," Nolan said softly.

Liam nodded "try again next year, okay?" Liam said. Nolan bit his lip and hurried off the field. It didn't take long before Brett was by his side, eyeballing Nolan as he walked off, "He's cute," Brett observed.

Liam frowned. "You're disgusting." He smacked Brett's arm. Shrugging it off, he walked back to Mason, "I'm gonna have a smoke, you coming?"

He grabbed his packet of cigarettes from his jacket. Mason contemplated it but shook his head. "I'm enjoying the eye candy," he laughed.

"You mean Corey?" Liam raised his brows.

"You know exactly who I mean," Mason winked.

"Alright I'll be back." Giving Mason's arm a light smack, he jogged towards the building to retrieve the lighter he usually kept with his cigarettes, but today he'd forgotten it. But once he was inside, he heard music, soft music.

Definitely not the kind that was often played in the evening when people were usually pregaming or already partying. Frowning, Liam followed the sound. His curiosity got the better of him, and he followed it until he reached a closed door. The music was loud enough to rattle the hinges ever so slightly.

Unable to help himself, he twisted the handle and pushed the door open. His eyes were immediately drawn to the dancer floating across the floor. He moved with a lithe grace that had his heart thudding against his chest and his breath quickening. Liam had never taken interest in dance, let alone ballet? He wasn't exactly sure what this was.