Chapter 4

A/N: New chapter! Glad y'all are enjoying this mini fic so far!

Theo ran a hand through his hair, turning to see Liam focused on the road. His hand reached for the radio only for Liam to slap it, "hey!" Theo groaned.

"Don't touch," Liam said. A hint of playfulness laced in his tone and he had touched Theo's hand.

Theo rolled his eyes, "you're so annoying" he said making Liam laugh.

"Oh? Is that why you agreed to go on a date with me?" Liam asked amused.

Theo opened and closed his mouth like a fish out of water, "I didn't agree, you kidnapped me," he spat making Liam laugh, "yes sure I did," Liam replied sarcastically.

Theo looked out the window, taking notice of the trees and the sky. He loved the sky, especially sunsets. They always brought him a sense of comfort. He always sought after his loved ones he had lost in them.

Liam noticed Theo was lost in looking, "are you okay?" Liam asked, sensing the change in Theo's body language.

He nodded, "I'm fine," he said. Liam wanted to pry, but he left it. Arriving at a restaurant Theo eyed Liam, "what?" Liam asked, almost offended.

Theo was surprised, "here I was thinking you were going to take me to McDonald's or something-" Theo said.

Liam rolled his eyes, "I'm not broke Theo," he laughed putting his car into brake and taking off his seatbelt. Theo doing the same.

They both got out and Theo looked down, "I look like shit," he said.

Liam laughed, "you look fine cutie," he said with a smile that sent shivers down Theo's spine. He had grown used to Liam's presence but he was not used to Liam complimenting him.

"Lead the way," Theo said ushering his hand out, Liam did just that. Leading the way into the restaurant he greeted the waiter with a smile. The waiter leasing them to a table immediately, Theo followed behind Liam as they sat down.

The restaurant was nice, it wasn't too fancy but it definitely wasn't just a casual dinner. "So this is a date?" Theo asked making Liam smirk "it is" he replied.

Liam handed Theo a menu, the boy took it without question. Reading through the options and realising it was pricier than he thought, he couldn't afford that.

He closed the menu and slid it towards Liam, "did you already chose?" Liam asked with a frown.

"I'm not hungry" Theo said. His eyes darting over the prices, there was no way he would be able to afford any of this. His money went into dance, he couldn't afford to throw money away on a meal like this.

Liam raised a brow, "Theo, I'm paying for it" he said. Able to see the tension lift off Theo's shoulders after he spoke, did Theo really think he would bring him to an overpriced restaurant and make him pay?

Theo opened his mouth to protest but he didn't want to sound vulnerable, "I asked you out, I'm paying," Liam stated. Theo nodded, watching as Liam slid the menu back toward him.

Opening it back up he eyed the options, his stomach growling in hunger. Liam folded his menu once his decision had been made, "what drink would you like? Any entree?" Liam asked.

Theo looked down at the menu, "Pepsi? Maybe garlic bread?" Theo said eyeing the options. His stomach grumbling, "I'll also get a lemonade and the bruschetta," Liam said handing the waiter the menu.

Theo smiled, "thanks?" He said confused. "Why do you look like a lost puppy?" Liam asked with an amused grin on his face. "I'm hardly a puppy" Theo said rolling his eyes.

Liam smirked, the waiter brought their drinks and placed them on the table. "So you're a dancer?" Liam asked sipping at his lemonade. Theo nodded, "yes I am," he said proudly.

"What made you chose dance?" Liam asked before placing his drink down. "It's freeing." Theo said with a small smile, his hands rested on the table as their entree arrived.

"What made you chose lacrosse?" Theo asked, "I like the sport, always have. My step dad used to play it he was even team captain.. so it made sense and felt right," Liam explained with a smile.

Their dinner went on and they passed on small talk between them, "thank you for dinner," Theo said turning to face Liam. "Anything for you cutie," Liam smiled.

Entering his car Liam turned the key into the ignition, the engine roaring to life. "Address?" Liam asked, "I'll give you directions-" Theo said watching as Liam nodded.

"Any family?" Liam asked, immediately noticing it was a touchy subject based off Theo's body language, "how about favourite colour?" Liam asked, changing the subject.

"I like orange, a burnt orange is always nice." Theo replied, "what's your favourite food?" Theo asked making Liam laugh, "nothing beats steak, although I do love cheesecake, passion fruit specifically," he smiled.

Arriving at Theo's he parked his car, getting out he walked to Theo. "Can we do this again?" Liam asked, the boy nodded. "I'd like that," Theo said with a smile.

He watched as Theo blushed and walked up to his front door, his slightly run down house caught Liam's eye but he didn't say anything. He wasn't one to judge, he turned and got back into his car.

A/N: their first date hehe

Published: 14th December 2023
Word count: 909