Chapter 15

We’re on our way to visit Michelle and our other friends. We agreed on meeting at Michelle’s, and we’re already near.

Mich and I giggled when we saw each other. They welcomed us outside of their house, which is why nagkita agad kami. I kissed her cheeks and half hugged her since she was holding her newborn son. I played with her almost 2 month-old baby for a while before we settled in their living room.

“Jam, greet Ninang Harly,” utos ni Mich sa eldest niya. Jam, a 4 year-old kikay girl, asked me to lean in so she could kiss me on my cheeks. I hugged her after that.

“How are you, Jam?” I asked. She only nodded and smiled at me, dahil na-busy na ulit siya playing with her doll. I let her play and faced Mich. “Ikaw? How are you?”

“Okay lang ako, Harly, doing fine and happy!” she bubbly replied. “Ikaw? May sasabihin ka kamo, ano bang sasabihin mo? Ikakasal ka na rin ba?”

I chuckled but shook my head. “I hope so,” natatawa kong sagot. “But it’s not about my future.” I sighed. “Pero mamaya ko na ikukuwento,” I told her exactly when Sam entered the house. Jam greeted him, and then Sam sat beside me. He asked Mich’s status, and Mich answered the same.

Mich and Jim got married after graduation. Aside from their love for each other, their parents decided to get them married when they found out that Mich was pregnant with Jam, which was almost a year after Sam and I got together. But Mich wanted to get married after her graduation, so they lived together even without marriage, and after graduation, they prepared their wedding. And now they have already had their second child.

Even my other friends stayed in love with their loved ones. Faye has been living with her boyfriend for years already, kaya lumabas na rin siya ng Baguio, while Drick is currently engaged with her girlfriend, reason why he couldn’t attend Tope and Olie’s wedding. Faye has a family reunion on the same day, while Mich cannot travel anymore dahil sensitive magbuntis.

We talked about random things, mostly about her pregnancy, labor, and delivery. And just like years ago, I anticipated it but was scared. I held their baby Jimmy as they prepared our lunch. Tumulong din naman si Sam. Nagtatalo pa sina Mich and Jim, kasi pinagpapahinga ni Jim si Mich, so I called Mich and brought her outside. Kinuha niya ulit si Jimmy sa akin as she danced him.

“Tagal naman nung dalawang couples,” reklamo pa niya, so I looked at my phone for updates, but wala rin kaya nag-message ulit ako sa dalawa. “Hindi mo pa rin ba ikukuwento, Harly? Mag-overthink na ako,” Michelle spoke suddenly, kaya napatingin ako sa kaniya. I pouted as I got near her. She raised her brows as she figured out that it was serious. “What is it, Harly?”

“I met Wes—”

I haven’t finished what I’m about to say because inunahan na agad ako ni Michelle mag-react. “Layuan mo na ako if you’re going to hurt Sam, Harly. Sinasabi ko sa’yo.” I pouted more.

“I’m not, Mich. Just listen first, okay?”

She shook her head. “Banggitin mo lang pangalan niyang ex mo kay Sam, nasasaktan na ‘yon, Harly. What more if malaman niyang nakita mo na ulit siya? Overthink malala ‘yang boyfriend mo.” I could easily see how disappointed she is.