Manipulation runs in the family: 4th session

NOTE: Italics- Tankhun POV/The audio from the bugs. The rest is Kim POV

"I still think this is a bad idea" Park whispered to Kim as he greeted him at the door "Just follow my lead" Kim replied with a small smile.

Park sat down in the chair, Kim on the couch, and Big was outside.

"So, Kim, how are you feeling today?" there was an underlying uncertainty in Park's voice, but Kim ignored it.

"Fine, actually" he replied, and Park looked at him with a doubtful face, but let it go.

"Let's talk about your childhood again. We didn't get to continue our talk last time"

"Is it about my brothers?" Kim redirected, Park took a deep breath while looking at the mics in a small bowl on the coffee table, "yes" he replied with a small

"Okay, what do you want to know now?"

"A few sessions ago we talked about emotional neglect, and we talked about how it affected you and how you process emotions"

Kim nodded as Park spoke, recalling the conversations.

"I realized after our last session, that you tried to avoid talking about the past, hence why you talked about this person you hurt"

"Porchay?" Tankhun muttered quietly to himself, listening closely to what they were talking about through the bugs.

"Clever, but you can't keep avoiding it, we have to talk about the past"

"How were your brothers growing up?"

There was a loud sigh

"Kinn wasn't always supposed to be the leader, but as you might have noticed, Tankhun isn't capable of being it" Kim then explained

"What happened to Tankhun?"

"A traumatic event he still hasn't fully worked through. I think he buried it deep inside of himself"

Tankhun's breath hitched for a moment at the mention of his trauma.

"You mentioned you used to confide in Tankhun, but stopped" Kim nodded

"I did"

"What about Kinn?"

"Kinn?" Kim scoffed "He was too distant to care" He tried recalling episodes, instances from his childhood where he was with Kinn but only a few came to mind.

"I don't know. Maybe we used to get along but then we didn't" and smiled. It made Park uncomfortable.

"You don't recall any instances?"

"Well, besides when our father pretended to die, no I don't"

"It might be my fault. Maybe I shut myself in. Maybe my brother was dealing with too much to have a younger brother. Who knows?"

"What is he doing?" Tankhun muttered to himself, "Is this how sees himself?"

Park looked at Kim in silence, before noting something down in his notepad.

"I sometimes wonder why my father named us Kinn and Kim. When written down they can be hard to tell apart" he paused for a moment "Maybe he was scared Kinn would fail just like Tankhun did, and he would replace him with me? Maybe it's to pressure my brother to remember who'll take his place if he fails"

Park only looked at him, wondering if what Kim said was true or not. Nevertheless, he wrote it down in his notepad.

"When did this traumatic experience happen to Tankhun? Before or after you stopped confiding in him"