ego

probably abunch of spelling mistakes i can't lie

chef bey x chef onika lol

comment or i'll kms (i won't, do what ur comfortable with)

ego - beyoncé.

she's got a big ego.

"what if I said I worked beside one of the best chefs in the fucking country?"

"i'd be—surprised that one of the best chefs in the entire country works at a small restaurant in manhattan."

"a-and what If i said I had a one night stand almost a month ago? the best sex of my entire life?"

"I'd say that's a surprise, onika

" and...what if I said the chef was the one i slept with, and she hates my guts?"

onika took a deep breathe in as she stepped out of her dark red 1967 ford that once belonged to her grandmother. she grabbed ahold of her tote bag from the bag seat; the sound of people walking by and chatting did nothing to distract her from the hell she was about to willingly walk into.

it was 8:15 am, on a friday morning. and she was back at her place of work.

once she placed her beige tote bag on her shoulder; readjusting it so it fit comfortably on her coffee brown collared polo coat—she took another deep breathe as she glanced up at the restaurant that stood before her.

"another day." she mumbled before tying the mustard yellow bandana that rested right above her eyebrows. she truly didn't wish to go to work today—she knew what she'd have to deal with.

but she also knew, she was there to prove herself.

and she wouldn't pass that opportunity up in her situation .

she walked into the restaurant; a bell chiming over her her head that made her ears twitch just a little.

onika always felt like the place was so aesthetically perfect. a honey brown paint adorned the walls that slowly stretched into a gradient—ending in mustard yellow.

black and white photos of the owners hung across one of the walls—right above the booths. and so did the sign,

The Honey Pot

a classic resturant of losuianna and creole crusine. it looked beautiful and homey inside.

what a distraction.

a loud; booming voice made her ears ring.

"late—AGAIN maraj!"

she cursed under breath as she glanced up to only see the reminsnce of the figure. those tattooed arms revealed themsleves before she did as she rushed around the chaotic kitchen. onika made her way to the back door to the kicthen.

she heard her again, "I didn't hire you to show up late." she muttered as she moved past onika to the cold walk in. the door now hung open with the woman crouched down clearly searching for something.

onika sighed an rolled her eyes as she mumbled.

"you technically didn't hire me at all."

just then heard robyn hide her giggle as onika walked past.the raven haired beauty gave onika a low high gave as she smoothly slid past her to the less smooth—more rough—honey blonde.