Haunted

Quick AN: I am so so sorry this took so much longer to post. I was ready to come back from that camping trip and post a few chapters on a few different books. Only to find out my laptop got drenched in juice by one of the younger kids while we were gone. Had to wait for a new one to get here before I could finish editing them to make more sense. So here is the next chapter hope you like, also get ready to hate Ethan. ☺️✌️
—————————————————————————

"I love Halloween time." I smiled brightly as we drove towards a cemetery.

"We're heading towards a cemetery and you are practically vibrating with excitement about Halloween." Chim looked at me. "Why are you like this?"

"Why are you boring?" I quickly shot back.

"She got you there Chim." Buck laughed as the engine came to a stop.

"So we have one guy still missing?" Bobby asked.

"Yes, It's horrible." He replied. "Elisio and Stavros were preparing Mrs. Mandechek's final resting place, and they just got sucked in."

"Okay." Bobby nodded to him. "Sir, can you tell me what happened down there?"

Elisio nodded and Chim moved the oxygen mask away from his face. "Me and Stavros were digging a plot when we got pulled in. Like the grave was digging itself."

"A sinkhole." Chim and I said together making Hen shake her head as Chim continued. "The quake shifted everything around down there. We're all basically walking around on eggshells and bubble wrap. See it?"

"How long ago did this happen?" Bobby asked.

"I don't know. Half an hour maybe?" He replied.

"Let's move it guys." Bobby told us as we all followed him.

I was walking between Bobby and Eddie as we made our way towards the sinkhole. Buck took a step and the ground started to give way causing Bobby to grab him.

"Easy this whole side is like quicksand." Bobby warned him. "I don't want you to fall in there and drag ten tons of loose soil on top of yourself and our friend down there."

"He's been breathing dirt for half an hour, Cap." Buck looked at him.

"Well, maybe not." Bobby and I said as he shook his head.

"What are you two thinking?" Buck asked his eyes moving between Bobby and I.

"Egg shells and bubble wrap." I grinned.

"Air pockets." Eddie spoke in realization.

"Yup. We just have to find out where they are." I nodded.

We placed boards around the hole so we could walk without sinking into the dirt.

Bobby was scanning the ground with a thermal camera, Buck watching him.

"Whoa, th-those aren't..." Buck trailed off.

"Coffins and corpses." Bobby answered him. "That's where the air pockets are."

"That's messed up." Buck commented before the camera beeped.

"Oh. Hello, Stavros." Bobby nodded. "All right, shovels and buckets. Let's go."

We all moved into action handing up buckets of dirt while also carefully making sure we didn't make the sink hole worse. Buck, Eddie, and I were in the hole and Hen, Chimney, and Bobby were on the boards taking the full buckets of dirt and handing us empty ones.

One of the sections of board they were standing are gave way a bit.

"Whoa!"

"You guys okay?" I was quick to ask watching them.