Reality Bites

With this newfound determination, Brittany exited her room, went downstairs and made her way into the Miller kitchen. Once the Chipette was in the kitchen, she saw both of her little sisters there. Jeanette was clearing her plate and glass off the kitchen table, while Eleanor was putting some chocolate chip pancakes onto a plate.

So that's what Eleanor had made for breakfast this morning. Chocolate chip pancakes, served with plenty of butter and maple syrup for everyone. There was also some bacon and scrambled eggs on the side. It all smelled so good! But the auburn-haired Chipette knew it was all loaded with carbs and about a million calories. She felt as if she was getting fatter just from inhaling all these fatty breakfast foods.

Brittany then took a look at both her sisters to see what they had chosen for their first day back to school outfits.

Jeanette was wearing a long, shapeless dark purple dress with an equally shapeless lavender cardigan. The cardigan was buttoned up, but it looked like not all the buttons were properly aligned with the loops they were supposed to go through. So the sweater was now in some weird asymmetrical shape that it was clearly not meant to be in.

She was wearing black ballet flats that were looking a little bit tattered. Her hair was pulled back in a messy bun, just like the one she had always worn since they were little. Not intentionally so, of course. She wasn't wearing any makeup. And of course, she was wearing her signature glasses.

Brittany couldn't help but roll her eyes at her middle sister's fashion choices. She had really wished Jeanette would've woken her up and asked for her help in picking out her back to school look this morning.

The truth is, Brittany knew how pretty Jeanette really was. But if she would've just let Brittany pick out a stylish outfit for her (as well as do her hair and makeup), she would have been drop dead gorgeous. She always was anytime she would let Brittany make her over for dances and dates with Simon. It was especially obvious, judging by the fact that the middle Seville brother couldn't take his eyes off the brunette Chipette anytime Brittany handled her look for the evening.

But that was Jeanette Miller for you. She hated wearing makeup. And she very much preferred to be comfortable rather than fashionable. So she stuck to a makeup-free, baggy clothed look for the first day of school.

Brittany sighed. She was so tempted to take Jeanette up to her room right now and redo her entire look. But the eldest Miller sister had her own problems to deal with right now.

The blue-eyed teenager then looked over at her baby sister's choice of outfit for today. Eleanor's back to school attire was a little more acceptable. The blonde Chipette had opted for a pair of skinny jeans and a white raglan jersey t-shirt with spring green cap sleeves that had "California" written on the front of it in spring green letters with the number "83" below the writing, also colored spring green.

She was wearing white Skechers. She had on small silver studded earrings. Her makeup was very light. All she wore was some lip gloss and mascara. Eleanor had ditched her signature pigtails during their Freshman year of high school. She now wore her platinum blonde hair back in a sleek, elegant French braid.

While Brittany thought the outfit was a little too casual for the first day back (first days were supposed to be all about making an impression, after all!) and she still hated the color green after all these years, the oldest Chipette had to admit that the youngest Miller sister pulled this look off well.

Then Brittany took another look at both of her sisters. Even through the loose-fitting clothes Jeanette was wearing, you could tell how tall and thin she was. Some would even say she had the body of a supermodel or dancer. She definitely looked graceful, despite not exactly being the most coordinated of her sisters. If only she would allow Brittany to help her bring out her true beauty more often, instead of hiding it behind those frumpy clothes.