Chapter 9 Two Twists and A Party

I had to call a tow truck to come get my hair. Diana was all shook up, but we couldn't run to the police and tell them anything. We have no proof of anything. So we had to go along with our normal things. And I forgot all about it, but what am I going to tell my parents about Lisa. I can't say to them Hey some crazy texting bitch took her and you know I don't know what they want.  

I'll have to lie to them. I'll tell them she's staying at a friends house. When I got home, my parents didn't even ask were she was. Does the texter really have her? I ran up to my bedroom and went straight to my room. Lisa wasn't in there. I went downstairs. 

"Where is Lisa?" I asked. "Oh she's staying a friends house. Her friend called and said she's staying." Her dad said. "What friend?" I asked back. "Uhm. Let me think." He said. Then he snapped his fingers. "She said her name was Shelly." He said. 

My face went numb. "Alright. Thanks." I said woozily. I walked upstairs. There are no Shelly's in our school. My head started spinning fast. I reached my bed and I fell on it. I don't remember anything after that except waking up and feeling like I had a hang over.  

I got up and got ready for school. Last night was so weird. I got a text message. I went over to my bed and grabbed my phone. I pushed my hair back. I opened the text message. 

It's that time of year again. It's Halloween this weekend. There's a party this weekend. After today you might not want to go because you have two big surprises coming today, but you have to. To figure out more about Shelly's murder. That video you saw at the Halloween party last year was fake, we wanted to put you in jail, but we decided it's to fun to torture you. But you might want to come. Lisa might be there, but you'll have to find. I RSVP'd you. The party is in the woods. Thanks to me for putting you on the list. Make sure Diana comes.  

-It's Nice To Be Me. 

What does that mean I have two big surprises coming today. I guess I'll have to wait, and I know these aren't the kind of surprises I like. So when I finished I went to school. I didn't make it long before I ran into my first surprise. We didn't even reach first period when Alex came up to me. 

"I thought you were different, but I was wrong." Alex said yelling at me. "What are you talking about?" I asked worried. "You are cheating. You were kissing a boy." Alex said. "What boy?" I asked raising my voice. Alex pulled out his phone, and showed me the picture. "This boy." Alex said angered. "This is a big mistake. This was when we first started talking, and It didn't mean anything. I swear." I said in a guilty voice. "You know what, we are through. Have a nice life April." Alex said to me in a disappointed tone.  

He walked away. I just stood there. I felt so stupid, and alone. I have to act though it doesn't bother me when it really does. When I walked into first period, Alex was sitting somewhere else. I sat down. I was looking at the door, when my next surprise came. I thought I would never see this person again, but of course, I would and of course it would be here. Taylor walked into the room. She looked at me and gave me an twisted smile. She found a seat and sat down.  

At lunch Taylor came up to me. She sat down. "Hello April. I see you go to this school now too." Taylor said. I looked at her. "Look you can cut the shit. I know your still part of that group and you came here to help them out even more." I said to her angered. "I don't know what your talking about. I left that part of my life behind." She said an a innocent voice. 

"I don't believe you as far as I could throw you. I know who you are and what you do. What your capable of. Stay away from me and my friends." I said to her in a mean tone. She just smiled. I got up and left the lunch room. 

Diana came up to me. "Hey the new girl. We should friend her, she seems really nice." Diana said. I looked at her. "Well she not" I said in a monotone. "How do you know?" She asked. "That was the girl that tortued me. She was one of the texters." I said. Diana put her head down. "Oh" She said.  

I decided to move on from the subject. "We have to go to a party this weekend. The texter texted me and told me they RSVP'd us and Lisa might be there. We have to go. Even you." I said. She nodded.  

After school we went to find a costume for the party. This time last year, I was almost sent to jail, almost died. Bestfriend almost killed. It was a crazy night. Last year was such a blur though.  

Diana found a really slutty outfit to wear, and I found something from the 20's to wear. Hopefully this Halloween, won't be the death of me. I just don't know what this Halloween year has planned to be.