Chapter 10 Halloween Fright Night

The weekend arrived. It's going to be a different weekend. My parents still think that Lisa is staying with her friend named Shelly. Diana and I decided that we are going to stay at her house and go to the party. My mom wouldn't let me go to this party, after last years party.  

The next day was Saturday, and Diana n I were getting ready for the party tonight. We have no clue what is in store for us. I hope Lisa is really there. We spent hours getting ready. Hour after hour if kept getting darker. The party starts at eight. We mapped it out we will have to leave an hour early to get there.  

Around six thirty we got in the car and started leaving. We were driving, and the we started getting into the middle of nowhere. There were no house, or anything of society here. It was just woods, and more woods.  

While driving it was already dark. We were driving down the street and we someone is a full body costume, trying to hitch a ride. There costume was like a clown/joker. The costume was red and blue, with a little bit of a skelton face.  

We pulled over and let the person get in. The person nodded. We both had a pop in the coaster in between the seats, I didn't see nor did Lisa, but the person put crushed up sleeping pills in my drink. I kept drinking it. 

We reached the party and everything was crazy, there were people dancing, drinking, knocking into people, the even worse part of all of this, it was in the middle of nowhere. That's when I got a text message. 

We see you arrived. You have to find us though. You might want to find us, before you fall. We are all around you. Let's just see if you know the guessing game well enough. 

-It's Nice To Be Me

"Okay we need to split up and try to find her." Diana says. "Yeah. Okay. Text me if you find her, and I'll do the same if I find her." I said back to her. That's when we split up and started looking out other ways. 

My head started getting woozy. The party shapes started getting long and shakey. I saw a person wearing a costume, that had a baby face mask and a all brown, costume. I stared at them for a split second and they turned around. They started walking away. 

"Hey where are you going? I yelled. "Come back." I yelled. I started following the person. They kept walking fast, but I stayed up with this person, the best I could. We were going into the woods.  

I had to keep grabbing onto tree's, but I didn't stop to catch myself. I kept going. I know this has to be one of the texters. The person stopped and turned around. The person stopped and just stood there. I came close to this person. I grabbed onto the them.  

"Where is she?" I said with the words ringing in my head. The person shook there head no. I grabbed the persons masks. When I grabbed it, I fell to the ground. I closed my eyes. All I thought to myself was I'm going to die here. 

Diana's P.O.V. 

I have no clue where she is at. I saw April. I walked up to her. "Have you seen Lisa yet?" I asked. She seemed caught. Her face said who are you. "Oh, no I haven't seen Lisa yet." April answered me. "Are you okay? You seem really weird. She smiled. "Oh, you know, I just had a couple drinks. I'm perfectly fine." April said. "Alright. Well I'll keep looking." I said to her. When I looked away because I thought I saw Lisa, then I turned my head back to April and she was gone. 

Taylor came up to. She was wearing a witch costume. After everything April told me about her, the costume fits her. "So where is your friend at tonight Diana?" Taylor asked me. "She's around somewhere." I said. "Are you sure she's around somewhere, and not hiding out. I don't see her anywhere." Taylor said. 

I looked at Taylor. "Look, I know your still one of the texters. She told me everything about you, I know what your capable of." I said to her. She turned her head towards me slowly. She smiled at me. "Oh Diana, let's try not to burn me. I'm not Eve." Taylor said with a smile. She walked away.  

After Taylor left, some guy came up behind me. He touched me. I turned around. He was wearing half of a whie mask, and a tuxedo looking costume. "Who's this under the mask?" I asked laughing. I went to grab the mask and he turned his head away from me. "Oh we are being secretive now are we? Why can't I see?" I asked. He put his finger up to his lip. "Oh it's a secret now is it? Just get lost." I said.  

I went to walk away and he grabbed my arm. He squeezed harder on my arm. "Ouch your hurting my arm." I said in a painful voice. I kept struggling my arm to get away from him. He kept pulling me back harder. "Look, dude." I said before he bit my arm. Whatever he was wearing in his mouth, cut my arm open. I was bleeding. He let go and raced off. 

I fell down on the ground. I got up and started backing up into the wood. The woods were pitch black. There was no sign of light in there. I backed up a little further and got grabbed by a person around the mouth. The person pulled me into the woods.  

They kept dragging me across the ground. As the leaves and branches that broke off were scratching across my party. I felt blood rushing down my arm from where the person bit me. That's when I started fighting back. I kicked and hit to ake sure the person doesn't drag me any further.  

That's when a person came up behind me. I saw there mask and costume. It was the person we picked up on the side of the road. He picked my head up, and smacked it off a tree. After that, I couldn't fight back. I was unconscience.  

I did hear voices though. "Why were you un masked when talking to her? You could've ruined all of this." The voice said. It was a mans. "I'm sorry. Next time I'll be more caustious." A female said. The voice sounded familiar. I can't identify who's it is though.  

April's P.O.V. 

I woke up a little bit later, exactly where I fell. Except waking up there was no one there. No person in a costume. I got up of the ground. I looked around. I can't remember if I saw a face or not. I started to walk back to the party. I pulled my phone out. I opened up a new text message and texted Diana.  

I reached back to the party. I looked around for Diana. Then I bumped into Taylor. Taylor turned around. "Oh there you are. I was wondering what you were doing and were you went." Taylor said to me. "Where is she?" I said breathing heavily.  

"Who are you talking about?" Taylor asked all innocently. "Diana. Where the hell is she Taylor?" I said fast and out of breath. "I saw her going into the wood with a guy." She paused. "Oh wait that's not possible, because she's a lesbian. It must have been a really butch girl." Taylor said. "Your costume goes so well with your personality." I said to her. 

I heard a scream from the wood. I pushed Taylor out of the way, and started running towards the woods. Diana started running towards me. We ran into each other. "T-There's somebody in the wood. It's the texters. There was two of them. One of them, was the person we picked up in the car." Diana said panting. "I ran into another one, and Taylor is here. The one in the car spiked my drink." I said. I looked at Diana's head. "Your bleeding I say." I said.  

"I got my head hit off a tree." She said. "Are you okay?" I asked her. "Yeah, just a little sleepy." She replied. "Just stay up for a little bit, and I will get you to a hospital." I said. "Right now we need to look around the party for any of them and hurry up and unmask them." I said.  

Everybody started to gather in the middle of the party for the bonfire. The hots of the party started up the fire. Everybosy around the fire all started chanting. Taylor looked at us. "Looks familiar doesn't it? Should we go ask Eve if it looks familiar? She mouthed to us. We couldn't deal with her right now.  

We went through the crowd of people looking for the people dressed up in the costumes we saw. That's when it happened. A body fell from a tree on top of the fire. The body wasn't trying to escape, the person was already dead burning, and all I thought was Lisa in on top of the fire, but when we got to the front it was Mickie. He was hanging on top of the fire. We both recieved a text message. 

See you guys looked to far into it. He wasn't trying hurt you guys. Infact he wasn't apart of us. He was trying to help you guys, because he knew about the texts. Well it's ashame. He got so close to figuring out who we are. He Knew To Much and had to get dropped. 

-It's Nice To Be Me.

Everybody was freaking out. Diana and I were just so shocked after reading the text, and seeing this we didn't know what to do. We looked across the fire at Taylor, just standing there watching us. Smiling at us. You can tell by her face, she is saying 'Got'cha'.