September 2020: A Sleepover with Daphne

So after the Japanese program, I got back to making YouTube videos weekly (except for when we went to the cabin at the beginning of August. Apparently, I started backlogging videos in July for the time we'd be gone.) Yes, I did make that time skip video for Animal Crossing. It had all the stuff that wasn't on my island when I filmed my last video in June, including the flower bed by my house; the villagers Jacob, Bubbles, and Megan; and my newfound obsession with pulling weeds because after playing this game for two months, I finally decided they were an eyesore and I could make a ton of money with them. I think I started by showing the pile of weeds that I had been dropping by the plaza so I could throw them at Timmy and Tommy when I was finished pulling them all. You know how much my autism brain loves repetitive tasks, so weed pulling was my addiction in late July. I was literally begging myself to stop until I got distracted by a fossil.

But this chapter isn't about the time skip. It's about what I did after the time skip. At this point in time, my YouTube channel had one weekly series (Animal Crossing: New Horizons) and two biweekly series that alternated each week. The first was releasing a K-pop cover every other week. The other was Variety Sunday, where I just did whatever I wanted.

Variety Sunday started out in fall of 2019 as Variety Wednesday as a way to fill up the open time slot in my schedule after I started a playthrough of Pokémon Moon and gave up after losing to the first Totem Pokémon. The first was where I put the start of each chapter of my book Ghostkillers through an AI text generator. Remember, this was in 2019 before AI got freakishly good at imitating human writing. The content ranged from reacting to other people's Miitopia fanfiction to lip-syncing to a vocoded version of the video "how is prangent formed" and included about four Splatoon videos, but the second most popular variety video from that area was A Sleepover with Daphne.

I thought it was the most popular, but as it turns out "how is prangent formed But I Vocoded It but i'm lip-syncing to it" has 136 views as opposed to the 95 that "A Sleepover with Daphne" has.

But the important part was that it was an instant success. What was A Sleepover with Daphne, you may ask? Well, I sort of got the idea from Markiplier's A Heist with Markiplier except I hadn't seen A Heist with Markiplier, so I didn't know it was a choose-your-own-adventure. I just knew that it was interactive, so I thought I could do something interactive like that. I didn't have the resources or moral ambiguity to perform a heist, so I decided the theme would be a sleepover. Maybe I could walk my viewers through my bedtime routine, sort of like a Get Ready With Me video but at night. Then I had a better idea: instead of doing my bedtime routine, I would walk my viewers through my evening activities because who sleeps at sleepovers?

Me. I sleep at sleepovers, but most people don't.

Another item I should mention: my parents were planning another trip to the cabin for the beginning of October because why not. That meant it was back to the Backlog Express. I have my calendar pulled up on my phone because that's where I schedule all my YouTube videos, and my schedule worked as such.

Friday, September 25: Film Variety Sunday (A Sleepover with Daphne)

Saturday, September 26: Film Animal Crossing episode 20

Sunday, September 27: Upload Variety Sunday

Monday, September 28: Record Maria (a cover of the song by Hwasa)

Tuesday, September 29: Film Animal Crossing episode 21

Wednesday, September 30: Film Maria (for a long time, I'd record a dance video to go with each of my covers)

Thursday, October 1: Upload Animal Crossing 20 and Film Daphne's Dissocs (this video is important later on)

Friday, October 2: Leave for the cabin