29.

Songs for this chapter:
Falling in love in a coffee shop by Landon Pigg
Idk yet by Alexander 23
Mary Jane's last dance by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Kei's POV

It has been two months since we found out that Nic had a stalker and we were in full protective mode. She was also 6 months pregnant and we were trying to keep her as calm as possible. "Are you sure it's safe?" Nic asked me as we walked to the car. "Yes, I am sure" I said as I helped my pregnant partner into the car and closed the door before getting into the driver's seat. I looked in the rear view mirror to see that the extra security was behind us and ready to go. "We're good to go to" Kou said as he and Tetsuro got into the backseat. "Good" I said as I put the car in drive and pulled out. "You guy's excited about the gala" I asked them as they smiled. Tonight we were going to a charity gala and we were dressed to the nines for it. We talked about the gala till we pulled into our parking spot and got out. "You ready baby girl, you look beautiful by the way" I told her as we walked to the gala. The security wasn't far behind us and they were intimidating.

"Thank you, you look nice also" she said as I kissed her cheek. "Nic who are you wearing tonight" a reporter asked her. "The dress is Versace, the shoes are Versace, and the baby is an original piece" Nic said as the reporter laughed at her joke. "Congratulations by the way" she said as we continued walking. "Nic, I like your shoes" a little girl said as Nic walked over to her. "Then you can have them, heels are so overrated anyway" Nic said as she unstrapped her heels. "Does anyone have a sharpie or a marker?" Nic asked as a fan handed her one. She pulled off the cap and handed me a heel. She then signed the shoe and handed it to the girl before grabbing the other one from me and repeating the process. "There you go, let's get a picture also" she said as she posed with the girl. After the picture was taken Nic grabbed my hand and we kept walking. "You didn't need shoes?" I asked her as she smiled. "The shoes were uncomfortable on my swollen feet and the look on the little girl's face made it worth it" Nic said with a smile.

"You are the kindest woman alive" I said as we walked into the building filled with music and dancing people. "Would you like to dance Miss Jackson?" I asked her as I grabbed her hand and spun her around. "I'm too pregnant for this" Nic said as she laughed. "I disagree" I said as we continued to dance. "You are the prettiest girl I've ever seen in my life" I said as we continued to dance. "I'm glad you think so" Nic said as she kissed me. "Always" I said as Tetsuro grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. "Mr steal your girl" he said as he spun Nic around and waltzed. "That you did" I said as I shook my head. "Be careful with her" I said as Nic scoffed. "I'm pregnant, not a vase leaning on the edge of the table" Nic said as the song ended and she started to dance with Kou. "I don't plan on staying long" I said as I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. "Hello" I said as I pulled my phone out and put it to my ear. It was my chief of security giving me an update.

"Hi Kev, what's up" I said as he talked. "We caught the guy Kei, he was trying to break in. He was also under the impression that Nic was home" Kev said as I grew angry. "Take him to the police" I told him. "The police already have him" he told me as I looked at Nic who was dancing with Tetsuro again. "We will be headed home soon, make sure there is no evidence that he was there" I said as I hung up the phone. "Are you having a good time Kou?" I asked my boyfriend as I stood next to him. "Yeah, it's always fun to attend these kind of events" Kou said as Tetsuro and Nic stopped dancing and walked over to us. "Are you ready to go home?" I asked them as they nodded. "Yeah, I'm getting tired and my feet are starting to hurt" Nic told me as we indicated to our security team that we were now leaving and they followed us out to the car. Once we got into the car I looked at her. "I found out something while you were dancing" I told her as she looked worried at me.

"What is it?" Nic asked me. "They have caught the guy that has been stalking you, I have to take you down to the station to talk to you, are you okay with that?" I asked her. "Yes, I'm fine with that" Nic answered as she nodded. "Okay, we will be with you every single second" Tetsuro said as we nodded. "Don't worry, he won't hurt you" I said as I kissed her cheek. "I know, I'm ready to get this done and over with" she said as I started driving to the police station. The drive was quiet, none of us knew what to say to her. "Are you sure?" I asked Nic as she once again nodded. "I'm sure" she said as we got out of the car and went inside. "Thank you guys for coming on such short notice, we can talk in here" the officer said as he led us to a room and closed the door behind us. "We may have caught the person at your house but that doesn't mean he was working alone" he informed us. "We are going to place a police detail on all of you" he added as we nodded.