Chapter 11

Pandora's POV

After taking a five-minute break, Shawn and I rose from our seats and headed back to the party. As we approached the entrance, Shawn asked me, "Did Miguel decide to wait again?" I nodded, knowing he was stuck in the past and didn't believe in himself.

"Hopefully, his new partner will inspire him to think differently," Shawn remarked as he opened the door.

"I hope so," I replied, smiling.

Once inside, Shawn quickly spotted his mate and left to join them. I took the opportunity to locate Maxwell and deliver the letter from Charlotte. As I made my way through the crowd, I greeted other guests along the way.

After searching for nearly thirty minutes, I finally found Maxwell sitting alone with a drink, looking confused and frightened. I had never seen him like this before. As I approached him, he doubled over and clutched his chest.

Concerned, I rushed over to him. "Maxwell! What's happening?"

"I...I...can't breathe. My body is moving on its own," he whispered, tears streaming down his face. "Pan Pan, am I still me?"

With tears in my eyes, I knelt beside him. "What do you mean? What happened?"

He shook his head and looked down. "I don't know. I keep losing track of days, and I'm acting strange. I don't even know if I'm awake right now." He began to hyperventilate and hold his head. "I knew it was wrong to hurt you, but I did it anyway! Something keeps taking over me!"

Suddenly, he began to scream uncontrollably. Confused and worried, I knew he needed help. So, I did what I thought was right and knocked him out. It may not have been the best decision to knock out a future alpha, but he was in too much pain for me to calm him down with words alone.

After the incident, I realized that Maxwell might not have had control of his actions. Perhaps he wasn't an idiot after all, but a friend in need of help.

Anyway, I didn't exactly have time to revel in this observation since his scream called people over. I decided getting him help was the priority. Seeing some alpha's getting near, I called for my father, Shawn, and Lucas.

They all ran over when I called. My father looked at Maxwell and asked," What's going on?" "I'm not sure, but he started holding his chest as if in pain and then started to scream. So I knocked him out. Can you take him to his room Lucas? I want to notify his father so we can send a pack doctor to him quickly."

Lucas nodded and knelt next to me. He was obviously concerned for his friend. Then Shawn also knelt down and said," I'll help. Lucas, grab his legs and follow me. I know where his room is."

I glanced at my brother and saw his poker face. I sighed and stood up. " Dad, have you seen Maxwell's Father?"

Right then, Alpha Benjamin walked up. "I heard what happened. Where is he," he said breathing heavily.

"Upstairs. My brother and Lucas took him up. Do you have a pack doctor on the premises?" He nodded. " I'll send him up now. In the meantime, will you both stop by my office?"

Both my father and I nodded and proceeded to follow.

Ugh. Tonight was one hell of a night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello All! It is I Big Hippo AKA Cece! I apologize for my random updates. It's very hard for me to get this out but I appreciate that you all still like this story. Even if it's not finished. Hopefully, this was a good chapter. Let me know in the comments!