Part 4: Last Night With You

Afternoon

Clave Ancestral Mansion
Selene's Room

"I say I haven't seen this side of you," Khail commented as soon as he saw Selene sitting at the top of a makeshift metal platform painting a garden mural in the dome ceiling. The whole room actually smelt of chemicals from the paint mediums she was using. Her white full-length peasant dress was stained with different colors.

Selene glanced down, jerking a bit, as she was briefly surprised of his unheralded appearance. He always wakes her up in the middle of the night in most of his visits. But this time, she was highly awake.

"Hey..." she stated, casting a smile on his way. She blinked however when he suddenly vanished from his spot.

"Just what you are doing?" Khail appeared right next to her, sitting also, and watching at the half-finished mural.

Selene grinned at this. He sure was not restricting showing her his demon powers.

"Can't you see? I am painting obviously," she answered with a wry smile, and then continued on stroking her brush with the blue paint.

Her reply immediately made him remember their first meeting under the maple tree. He smirked and decided to play along.

"I can see that," he said intentionally, "what I want to know is why?"

Selene paused and shot him an incredulous look. "Are my actions really that interesting to you Khail?" Watching him with the light of the afternoon sun made her realize he truly was fit in the darkness because it complimented his demonic aura. His overall ensemble of black shirt and black pants augmented his demon appearance too.

Khail grinned some more. He dipped a finger in one of her paint mixtures, the color black specifically, and then lightly patted it in a bush painting she was doing. The contact of his finger and the concrete ceiling created an unexpected effect. A drawing of a snake materialized from the black paint, but the snake looked like Selene's dead snake in the past. "Yes, especially when you buried your so-called pet ten years ago," he scoffed.

Her eyes thinned as if she was keenly evaluating him. "Huh... many people thought my actions are weird, and here you are, a demon, fascinated with all I do. Really such irony."

He fingered the outline of her lips and staring at it with depth. Such lovely lips. He couldn't seem to get enough of it.

"Come Selene. Let me paint you with my kisses." He boldly beckoned.

He was about to kiss her when she stopped him with a light touch in his chest. "Why such in a hurry?" she asked. "You never stayed with me longer than thirty-five minutes."

Khail frowned. "You actually timed it huh?"

"Yes." A lopsided smile formed in her lips then.

He produced a long sigh and raked his brown hair towards the back.

"I can't stay in the human realm longer than that Selene." He started, staring at her with fervor. If only she knew, all he ever wanted was to stay with her 24/7. Each day. Every visit. He was beginning to struggle with leaving her alone in the bed. Never had he felt this way before; the feeling of wanting someone this much to the point of his demon heart aching. He actually despised the feeling, but it was hard not to admit it.

"My existence will cease if I stayed longer... the divine balance will strike electricity on me," he added that after he grazed his fingers on her now-shoulder length hair. So she actually cut her long hair huh? He remembered her mentioning that it was her act of revolt against her mother's constant suitor hunting.