Chapter 5 - NEGOTIATE

Kayden Grant

"From the moment you walk out from the headquarters. Victor and Jax, who the government sent, will get you." She was holding to the doorknob, wanting to get out so badly.

Tatiana turned around and looked at me with her angry green eyes. She ran her hand through her long red hair, frustrated and mad. Not to mention, she wore a black outfit for her getaway.

So basic.

"You don't have anyone else but me, Princess."

"Can I ask for Clyde? I need to talk to him." How come Clyde never mentioned that he knew her? He owed her something, or he would never help her escape.

"Clyde is busy. It's late at night. The only place you can sleep tonight is my apartment because you claimed to the world that we're getting married this year." I started it sarcastically, and she's starting to get pissed. Her forest green eyes filled with anger.

"How about this? I'll give you one percent as a thank you for helping me today. In return, you will introduce me to your friends or business associates who can help me." This woman dares to ask me for a favor when she only pays me one percent of the share. "Do you perhaps know Blake Lockwood?"

"And how will you tell everyone I'm no longer your fiance, and suddenly you have a new one?" I put my elbows on the table, intertwining my hands together, looking forward to hearing her answer.

"I will tell everyone I cheated. Your image won't be ruined." She's so considerate, isn't she? At the airport, she blamed herself for escaping, and now she will blame herself again for cheating.

Then she yawned.

I decided to call it a day because I have many meetings tomorrow. I got up, and she stepped back, scared I'd do something to her.

"Let's go. I'm tired."

"Where?"

"My apartment." She followed me out like a puppy with two bags in her hands. Hugo had already put my car in the lobby, ready for me to use. Tatiana put one bag in a trunk and held one back with the pink diamond.

She put the seatbelt on and hugged her bag. We drove out from the headquarters, and the paparazzi went nuts. Victor and Jax were there, and I sped up so they wouldn't be able to take pictures.

"Thank you, Mr.Grant." She said softly, and I didn't even bother to answer her. She was silent throughout the ride, which is good.

I parked the car in the basement and got out. Tatiana grabbed her bag from the trunk and followed me to the elevator. She cornered herself as if I were a deadly virus.

"Why doctor?" I asked as the elevator went up.

"I want to help people."

I led her into my penthouse, and she looked around like a lost lamb. She put her bags down right behind the sofa in the living room.

"You're sleeping there. I don't have a guest room because I never let anyone come here except for the members." I pointed at the sofa. "Why? You want my bed?"

"No. The sofa is fine, thank you."

"You can shower if you want. There's a bathroom on your right." I made my way to the stairs.

"Thank you, Mr.Grant. Have a good night." I stopped for a second and continued walking up to my room. I jumped into the shower right away to freshen up. My body was exhausted from overworking this week. I need to sleep.

I walked out of the room to check on Tatiana. She's already sleeping on the sofa.

I went back into my room and called it a night.

Tatiana Clifford

I woke up when my alarm went off.

It's 6 in the morning, and I have to leave. I don't think dealing with Kayden again would be a great idea. I'll give the share through Clyde tomorrow.

I put on my black hoodie and wore a black mask. It's still dark outside, which is good because I can go around without people recognizing me.

I went out of Kayden's apartment building and started to walk around Seattle. The weather is so lovely today. People are taking their dogs out, people are going into coffee shops, and people are getting on a bus to go to work.

I love it.

I felt normal for once. Freedom fits me, even though it's been less than a day.

I took out my phone and started to look for an apartment building that I'd been eyeing for a while. I contacted them and asked if I could move in immediately after arriving in Seattle. They told me I needed some documents, which I'm slightly worried about.

My phone rang, and it was Clyde.

"Clyde!"

"Where are you?" He asked in a cold tone like he got up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Why do you ask?"

"Just answer the question, Tatiana. I'm not in the mood to do this early morning." He's pissed that I ruined his beautiful morning.

"Before I tell you where I am, why would you pick Kayden to help me? He's not a nice person, and he's greedy." I hissed.

"He loves to babysit."

"Do you have any other friends that can help me?" I asked as I walked into the apartment building.

"No."

"Do you know Blake Lockwood? How about you take me to him? I bet he's willing to help me." I prayed for Clyde to be friendly enough to take me to Lockwood.

"No."

"Clyde, please," I begged.

"There will be an event this evening, and this will be the last time I'm helping you." I squealed and thanked him.

"I promise this will be the last time. I hope tonight I can find someone willing to help me so I won't bother you anymore." With that, Clyde ended the call. I texted the person who was supposed to show me my apartment that I was already downstairs.

Clyde sent me a text with the details of the event tonight.

I guess I'm going shopping after this.