Chapter 33 - CURSE

Kayden Grant

"Where are you taking me?" I asked Blake, who led me to the rooftop, revealing Liam and Vincent. Then the door opened, revealing Kaleb, who brought four guns with him.

"The irony." I sighed, and Blake made me kneel on the ground.

"We're going to play your favorite game, Grant," Liam said as he loaded his gun, shooting it into the air, proving they were not playing around.

And they never play around.

When I joined the group, I had difficulty adapting to their lifestyle. They were so thirsty for blood and power that I struggled to keep up for the first three months. They were ambitious. Their goal to rule the world was so clear that they could kill hundreds of people daily.

I've always thought that Asher was a fucking psychopath after meeting him in Seattle, but when I got back to New York, I saw The Ravens' leader turning into a fucking devil, ready to kill anyone standing before him.

"What exactly is my favorite game?" I asked Liam, and Tatiana showed up.

"Fuck." I mumbled, and Kaleb chuckled, "Mrs.Lockwood, good to have you with us."

"Any last words, Tatiana?" Liam asked, and she raised her eyebrows.

"No. Feel free to kill him." I was surprised by her coldness, but at the of the day, I deserved it. Blake walked towards her and grabbed her hand, leading her back inside.

"This is what you get for leaving and breaching your restraining order, Grant. We're going to play your favorite game." Liam then stood before me, showing me how many bullets he had and putting them into the cylinder. He put three bullets inside and put the cylinder back, spinning it.

He's playing a fucking Russian Roulette.

"Let's play, Grant." Liam loaded the gun and pointed it at me.

Russian Roulette was my favorite game when I was with them. It gave the victim so much anxiety, especially when we demanded answers from them. I loved this game so much that I've used it whenever we're hunting for drug dealers.

Liam hated it.

"We'll ask you some questions, and you'll fucking answer. If we like the answer, we'll let you go, but if we don't, we pull the trigger. You know the drill, Grant."

"But first..." Kaleb threw a punch at me. My face kissed the ground, but I got up immediately.

"We want to know what your plans are for The Edom." Fucking hell how did he even manage to know about The Edom? I looked up at him, and Liam smirked.

"Time is ticking, and I'm giving you 5 seconds."

"I'm not telling shit about it." The Edom was Asher's project. It has been going on for four years, and he will send it to Russia. As A Bloodhound member, I only know his progress on the project but not his fucking plan.

"Good choice." He shot my shoulder. I bit my tongue so hard, preventing myself from screaming in pain. Liam chuckled before turning the cylinder again, shuffling the bullets.

Liam gave the gun to Kaleb.

"We want Drex, and I'm pretty sure that you've been keeping him in your jail. We want him alive. Call your buddy to send him to New York." Kaleb pointed the gun at my stomach.

"No. We have unfinished business with him. He's Calland's prisoner, not mine. Besides, why didn't you catch him before we did? Losing your touch, Cesborn?" I looked up and smirked. He punched me with the gun and pulled the trigger.

It was blank.

The first blank shot.

"Fuck!" Kaleb grabbed me by the collar, forcing me to stand up. He punched me so hard that I could feel my jaw almost dislocating itself.

Vincent picked up the gun from the floor and pointed it at my forehead.

"I want to know your thoughts when you picked Serano." Vincent and I were close back then. Besides Blake, I had a very close attachment to him.

"He needed me more, and he saved my life once. I owed him, and he was alone when you already had a few members. I wanted to grow by myself and improve myself to be better. My roles here were decided, and I've always wanted to find what I'm good at." Vincent slowly put the gun down.

It's been years, and they never got the explanation they deserved.

I put my hand on my shoulder, which was bleeding, and let out a long sigh.

"I'm sorry. I never had the time to apologize." Kaleb punched me again, and Liam pulled him back. Vincent squatted down to be on the same level as me.

"Go back to Seattle and quit stalking the Princess. She's Blake's wife now."

"I'm taking her with me, Parker." I was losing consciousness as I turned to look at the wound.

"Stalk her again. We'll have a problem. You're not a part of us anymore, so killing you won't be a problem." With that, Vincent left with Kaleb, leaving me alone with Liam. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to stand up.

"I heard about your family." He said as he put my arm around his shoulder. "Should have done it sooner."

"Thanks."

"Kaleb has been waiting for years to punch you."

"I know." He brought me to the medical center and had me treated. The doctor took out the bullet and quickly closed the wound.

"Kayden?" I turned to see Felix. He froze in place when he saw me, and I smiled at him. He was wearing a black combat suit and had a long sniper on his back.

"Hello, kiddo." He ran to me and stopped when he saw the wounds on my shoulder.

"How? What? Why? I mean... are you coming back here?" He asked excitedly. I shook my head, and his face fell.

"I'm sorry, kiddo. If you don't like it here, come to Seattle." The door to the medical room burst open, revealing Tatiana, who was crying. She ran to me, saw the wounds, and turned to Felix.

She then turned to grab a scalpel, looking at it for a second.

"Mon Avenir, what are you doing?" She ignored my question and ran out.

"I'm going to fucking kill you, Lockwood." Did she just curse?