Chapter 43 - ABOUT THE FUTURE

Kayden Grant

I walked into the warehouse and clapped my hands when I saw my father, Zac, and Gaston tied onto a chair. Oslo joined us earlier after finishing Asher's task. He stood behind my father, Sage stood behind Zac, and Rodi stood behind Gaston, ready to hear my command.

"You should have shut your mouth." I grabbed a chair and dragged it to sit in front of them. I crossed my legs and looked at them one by one.

"Killing you all was never on my list, but since you all decided to play fire with me, I decided it's better to kill you individually." I turned to Jamal, and he gave me my gun.

I pointed at my father first, and his eyes widened. He shook his head like a maniac, trying to scream when his mouth was stuffed with their shirts.

"Father, the only thing that I want to tell you is that thank you for raising me even though you treat me like shit," I said dramatically, and I gave Oslo a nod, letting him smash my father's head with a baseball bat.

He plopped onto the floor, and Oslo untied his hands from the chair. He had a concussion, and blood was dripping from his head. Oslo picked him up and put him on my chair, making my father watch his favorite kids get killed.

I grabbed the baseball bat from Oslo and walked to Gaston. My father loved Gaston the most, and his eyes widened when I put the bat on his head, ready to smash it. I gave my gun to Rodi and swung the baseball bat at Gaston's head.

My father tried to get up, but Oslo put him in place. Gaston was lying on the ground, bleeding and not responding. Rodi gave my gun back and checked on his pulse.

"Nope." I nodded, and my father went crazy. The side of his face was drenched with blood, and his eyes were losing focus. I looked at Gaston's dead body and turned to Zac, who was trying to escape.

"Father, all I can say is that... you should have listened to me when I spare your life." I walked towards him, and he grabbed my hand, digging his nails into my skin. Zac shook his head, telling my father not to defy me.

I put my gun on his temple, and he looked up. My father was slowly losing consciousness, and before he died, I wanted him to see Zac suffer first. I pointed my gun at Zac and shot his stomach, causing him to bleed instantly.

My father was screaming, and I reshot Zac right in his chest. Zac died instantly, and I chuckled before walking toward Zac's lifeless body. I grabbed a knife from Sage's hand and stabbed Zac's heart, right it, even though he was already dead.

"Let me talk," I said to Oslo, and he removed the shirt from his mouth.

"You're sick. Your mother will hate you and never talk to you again." He was breathing heavily, and he knew he would die soon. I turned to the glass window, and my father slowly turned and saw my mother standing there, completely traumatized.

"I know..."

"You're fucking ungrateful!" My father screamed and cried when he saw his two sons die. My mother was also crying behind the glass window, but she couldn't do anything.

I grabbed the baseball bat and smashed his head.

He died instantly, and I turned to my mother, who screamed, seeing her husband die.

"Take her to a mental hospital. She's crazy, and never let her get out of there until she dies," I said to Rodi, and he nodded.

"Good job, boys." The boys will clean the crime scene for me, and they will cover up everything so there will be no news about my family's whereabouts.

Starting today, no one will bother us anymore. No one will hurt Tatiana anymore, she can freely be a doctor now.

Tatiana Grant

When Clyde got the news that I had to stay with them, he wasn't too welcoming. He told me that he would ask Luna about it, or else he would make me stay in the headquarters. I completely understand.

Then Clyde took me to their apartment, and Luna was very welcoming even though it took time for us to get comfortable. She was awkward around me at first, but then I asked her about her paintings, which made her open up quickly.

"Do you know what Kayden is doing now?" I asked Clyde, and he shrugged.

"As long as he's alive, we don't have any news about him." He was so calm about it. I glared at him, and Luna nudged him.

"She's worried." Luna hissed, and Clyde smiled at her.

"Butterfly, he's fine. It's true, though. Why would he be in danger when his opponent is nothing but losers." Clyde kissed her on the cheek, which made her blush. Clyde then turned to me with a poker face, rolling his eyes.

"You're an asshole," I mumbled.

"Kayden is an asshole too," Luna said, defending Clyde, and I raised my hands. "Kayden is one," I admitted.

"We are a bunch of assholes," Clyde admitted, and he took out his phone, busy texting.

"Did you submit all the documents already?" Luna asked, and I nodded.

"Yesterday, and we must wait for a few months until the results come out. I'm nervous."

"You'll get in, hopefully, Harvard."

"I hope so."

"If you get into Harvard, you won't be moving there alone, right?" Luna asked curiously, and suddenly, that crossed my mind. I never thought of that.

"I guess we have to figure that out later. I haven't talked to Kayden about it."

"Hopefully, he will move there with you," Luna said as she took a bite of her sandwich.

"I don't know."

"What do you think, babe?" Luna asked Clyde, and Clyde turned to me.

"I don't know. If he cares about you, then he might be. If he doesn't, you both will have a long-distance relationship." The thought of me being apart from Kayden scares me. I want to be with him most of the time, and if I do not have him around in medical school, I guess I'll go back and forth to Seattle.