Chapter 11. Supposed Love

Victoria 

    I never thought that those news would have the effect they did on me. I felt a sensation close to betrayal, yet he isn't guilty of such thing. The little strand of hope I was holding on to was actually the remote idea that was laying hidden inside my mind – him.

    My heart was starting to crave his presence, for as entitled as he was, arrogant and smug, I had started to miss him, wishing I would've had another opportunity to open up a door for him. Damiano introduces me to the brunette and I politely get up to shake her hand, mumbling a quiet "hello", a feeling of rejection running through my whole body as I touch her.

    "Take a seat, please," Thomas says quickly, before guiding them to the couch. "Can I get you anything? Coffee? Tea? Water?"

    "Water is fine," she responds, "thank you," her lips curl into a smile, making my best friend leave the room.

    I don't plan on engaging into any type of conversation with any of them, no matter how awkward the situation feels, silence is my best response to everything now. I just sit quietly, taking a look at him while they're exchanging some whispers. His aura is changed, the vibration I felt his body emanate isn't there anymore, he is dulled. I'm intrigued by the idea that he could have of love, how does his body language reflects such pain when he's supposed to be in love? Why is love reflecting on him like unhappiness?

    I thank the Lord when Thomas returns from the kitchen, carrying two glasses of water on a silver tray, placing it onto the coffee table. He sits next to me and our guests don't seem to notice the judging look my twin brother shares with me, giving me a side eye, telling me how badly he dislikes her with just a shared glare. I try to contain my malicious laugh when we both understand the already formed opinion we have made of her in just a matter of seconds, all because of how off Damiano looks.

    "Let's all go out tonight! I'd love to get to meet your friends, baby," says her full of excitement, "we have to celebrate!"

    "Yeah, why not?" He responds stuttering, asking Thomas for support with his glare. "What do you say, guys? I was going to text you, but Gio wanted to come by and meet you first."

    "Yes, we'll come," Thomas says convinced, looking at me as I nod too. "I'll ask Ethan too."

    "Great!" We hear Giorgia clapping in excitement and then she gets up, dragging Damiano by the arm. "C'mon! We have to get ready!"

    "Thank God it was short," says Thomas after walking them out, making me laugh.

    "Is that the crazy ex?" I ask him, brimming with curiosity mixed with hint of worry.

    "Yes, girl, that's her," he says stunned, finally letting all his emotions free, "he's so easy to manipulate."

    "What do you mean?" I inquire, even if I know he won't tell me, as he promised his friend.

    "She's just not good for him, she's using him, Vic," he reveals, leaving me astonished by this new information.

    "How come? He's got such a backbone, clear ideas," I start.

    "I don't know," Thomas sighs, getting up from the couch, directing himself towards his room.

    I copy his actions, leaving to get ready as well. I open my closet and try to decide what to wear for tonight, before fixating my gaze on a leopard printed blouse and taking it out to then throw it on the bed. I go to the bathroom and take a quick shower not without checking myself in the mirror meticulously, my brain pointing out all the flaws and imperfections I have, unconsciously comparing me to her. When I realize what I'm doing, I try to shake her image next to mine out of the mirror, telling myself how irrational I'm being.