Chapter 5

What do you get when you fall in love?
A guy with a pin to burst your bubble
That's what you get for all your trouble
I'll never fall in love again

The first month...

Harmony stared at reflection in the mirror. Her appearence had became similar to a grey troll but, instead of becoming completely grey Harmony's colours were the dullest version of themselves. Her hair had gotten longer which was now rubbing her the wrong way. She wore her pair of coziest pajmas, just like had been doing for the rest of the month. The Princess had been barely leaving her pod and had stopped taking good care of herself. She hated her long hair!

The Princess turned her head towards the scrapbook scissors sitting on her dresser, right next to a facing down photo frame. The single troll grabbed the scissors while refusing to acknowledge the existence of the picture frame. Harmony pulled her long hair down over her shoulder and aggressively began cutting it. She didn't care how it would look or how uneven her hair would be. She wasn't going to keep her hair long for a man that betrayed her!

" HARMONY! STOP! " Aiden's voice yelled from the kitchen.

What do you get when you kiss a boy?
You get enough germs to catch a fever
Then straight away, he'll love and leave ya
I'll never fall in love again
No, I'll never fall in love again

The second month...

Harmony sat on her bed with a empty box on her lap and was staring at all of expensive,unnecessary and now especially unwanted gifts River had given to her. They sat on top of her white trunk which was locked shut with a padlock. Jinx and Minnie were helping the princess declatter her home of her cheating ex's presence.

Jinx was wearing his usual white and blue hoodie and black pants with grey and blue detailing at the bottom. His hair was natrually messy which didn't seem to bother him much at the moment. Minnie wore her usual pink crop top, long baggy green pants,black fingerless gloves and two white and pink bows in her hair. One was ribbon tied towards the end of her hair while the second was a clip placed next her face. Appearence wise, Harmony was getting some colour back but, she still wasn't taking the best care of herself. Her hair was recently cut again to fix her uneven ends due to her sister's insistence.

" Good bye, Jerk face!" Jinx said.

He tossed an ball of old pictures of River into the box like a basketball. Minnie walked over to her depressed friend with a plate of snacks for her to eat. Harmony looked down at the shorter troll,who gave her a caring smile.

" I know that you skipped breakfast this morning so here. " Minnie offered the plate kindly.

Don't tell me what it's all about
'Cause I've been there and I'm glad I'm out
Out of those chains, those chains that bind you
That is why I'm here to remind you (here to remind you)

The third month...

The Princess sat in an therapist office explaining her and River's love story the way she remembered it. She had been coming here to better herself and for her mental health since her family and friends were very concerned about it. As a result most of her orginal colouring had returned but, she still had a long way to go. She was dressing herself in comfortable clothes that weren't pajamas and took some time to do some self care. The heir was looking better than she did two months ago.

Everyone in Harmony's close circle knew about River's cheating but, most of the village,excluding her therapist, didn't and she rather keep it that way. The therapist's eyes widen as his calm and collected expression turned worried. He wrote something down in his book causing Harmony to stop talking and secretly growing a little anxious over what he wrote.

" Let's put a pin in that part. How often did River make you feel overwhelmed with his displays of affectionation?"

What do you get when you give your heart?
You get it all broken up and battered
Yeah, that's what you get, a heart that shattered
I'll never fall in love again

The fourth month...

Minnie, Jinx, Pippy and Aiden waited outside for Harmony with punching bag that they stuck a picture of River on. Jinx smiled as he held up the punching bag. The confused troll crossed her arms as she stood there outside the mushroom building. The sun was mid setting at that moment.

" What is this?" Harmony asked suspicious.

" Look, we know how you feel about violence." Aiden stated.

" And how this may seem like an unorthodox form of therapy. " Pippy added.

" But, we got a way to help let out your frustrations. " Minnie contuined proudly.

" Come On! Hit him! I can handle your punches. " Jinx challenged.

Harmony playfully rolled her eyes at their attempts finding the situation amusing. She pretends to be against the idea after first before giving this anger management therapy a try. Jinx laughed as she threw every overpowered punch at River's picture.

" Ow! Hurt him! Not me!" Jinx joked.

What do you get when you give your heart?
You get it all broken up and battered
Yeah, that's what you get, a heart that shattered
I'll never fall in love again
No, I'll never fall in love again

The fifth month...

The Princess had finally gained her full colours and was blissful enjoying herself at a party with her friends. Harmony wore her normal everyday outfit from before she left her former serious relationship. Her signature headband had a strip pattern of black,orange and green with a black bow. Her red heartshaped earrings and her peace necklace had returned to their usual placements. Her orange and black dress with hand sewed green leaves worked well with her signature rose petal vest,which also had short sleeves. Harmony never felt more like herself than she did right now.

She glowed underneath the glowbugs' flashing lights as she gracefully spun twirled. Jinx clumsily tried to grab her hand and pull her closer to him to the beat of song but, ended up slipping on the grass. Harmony caught hold of his hand just before he could hit the ground. He blushed as he noticed the sparkle in her enchanting blue eyes and her beautiful smile while being in that position. His heart skipped a beat. Then the female troll gently pulled him back onto his feet.

" Are you okay, Jinx?"

" Yeah. I'm fine. Thanks. " Jinx said still blushing.

AN: I do not own the song "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" by Evan Rachel Wood!