Chapter 33

⚠️Warning; Implied sexual assult/harassment. ⚠️

The band behind the guest singer hummed happily playing the role of backup as Rosie slid on stage to the center with the crowd cheering even more for her. The glowbugs' chirping shifted into a similar humming sound as well harmonizing with the melody.  Other common and musically inclined critters flew down from the trees and around Rosie following her as she spun on stage. Her additional train attached to her bluebell petal skirt swayed slowly matching her speed. When Rosie stopped spinning  she jumped into the air seemingly perform a single jumping jack earning more merriment responses. She could see everyone from that stage.

" I say, hey, I be gone today
But I be back around the way
Seems like everywhere I go
The more I see, the less I know
" Rosie began to sing.

Branch and Poppy entered the party. Not as King and Queen but, as fellow festive celebrators who just happen to be secretly keeping an eye out for their adult children. The couple had matching pieces of clothing which was Poppy's request to Satin and Chenille. Her purple with lavender heart theme detailing shared similar qualities to the style of her husband's vest. They didn't look a day over 40. The Royals with hands entangled with one another moved through to the crowd closer to the stage and settle near a tree standing on mushroom growing as one with the bark itself. 

Branch smiled as he caught sight of his youngest daughter and waved to her. Pip's smile doubled in size when she noticed her parents waving back before running to chat to one of the off duty soldiers. The Princess blew her newest guy a kiss who played along pretending to catch it. Harmony and River flashbacks reappeared in the King's mind for a second but, when his wife hugged his arm he stopped and smiled fixing his loving gaze on her.

" But I know one thing that I love you, baby girl
I love you, I love you, I love you
" Rosie's singing became sweeter.

Rosie happen to catch sight of Charlotte and formed a heart with her ringed fingers as she sang those two lyrics. However to her disappointment Charlotte didn't even notice her. She was dragged away by another woman to the food court disappearing from Rosie's line of sight. A brief cringe flashed on her face with her excited smile turning awkward while she broke her finger heart.Her ears dropped not even masking her hurt from being ignored by one of her favourite trolls.

" I've been a lot of places all around the way
I've seen a lot of joy, and I've seen a lot of pain
But I don't want to write a love song for the world
" Rosie sang more softly but, subtly sadder and so much more slower than she should have had.

Back down among the crowd of party people, Jinx brushed his hair with his fingers. His eyes lit up as he spotted Harmony waiting for him by the punch bowl. She had two halfway filled cups of the fruity drink. Jackson was there beside her. As Jinx approached with more confidence on the outside, his heart pounded with every step. His hands left his red locks of hair moving back to Jinx's sides.

" Hey. So hmm up for a dance?" Jinx said masking his nervousness offering his hand.

" I love to but, someone asked me to watch their drinks so-" Harmony admitted.

" I'll watch them. " Jackson interrupted taking both cups then winked at Jinx.

Harmony turned to Jackson surprised. " You sure? You really don't have to."

Jackson glanced at Jinx briefly. " Yup! Enjoy your night off. I bet Jinx's offer still stands. "

In that moment Jinx couldn't be more grateful for having a friend like Jackson as his wingman. His nervous faded a bit as Harmony turned to face. Her unsure,tiny frown became a bigger,softer and sweeter smile triggering butterflies within Jinx's stomach. Reaching out her pink hand magical sparks ran through Jinx's arm just as her palm made contact with his. Her touch was warm and soft.