Prologue: Brothers of a Litter

"Big Hero 6 was in trouble. Their greatest enemies had teamed up and they had captured Captain Cutie." Domino twitched an ear as he heard the oldest child of his humans narrate on her computer. Karmi did like to read aloud when she was writing. "Without their leader, Big Hero 6 was left sitting defenseless as the monsters ravaged the city. How could they win against such impossible odds?"

I feel as if she's setting up for a dramatic entrance. Domino wondered. He often watched as Karmi read aloud her story, and she always put an emphasis on the tense situation before going to the fun part of a chapter.

Then on cue, Karmi changed her voice when she was narrating a speaking role. "'You're in luck Big Hero 6!' The heroes looked up as a familiar figure dressed as a heroine appeared at the scene. 'I am... Lab Lady!'"

And there it is. Domino stretched his neck up to see if Karmi was going to put a drawing, she did help paint a picture in the reader's minds by putting little drawings of intense scenes.

Sure enough, a drawing of a small Karmi in blue superhero gear was standing atop a building, with heroes standing in awe and the villains evil glares as the captives cried tears of joy. "Annnd posted!" She shook it off to immediately post the story, the "to be continued" in big letters at the end. "Well, I managed to update my fic before we went up to Canada."

"Great job." Domino barked. He knew Karmi couldn't understand him like Haley and Ryan, but he knew she was smart enough to pick up on what he was trying to say.

She smiled at Domino, who had been helpful in finishing this climactic chapter. He had reacted when she was going through the rough drafts of the chapter, and that made the finished product a masterpiece based on his reactions to certain scenes. "Thanks, Dom. You're good at giving reader feedback, most people just call my story 'unoriginal' or complain someone is shipping themselves with Captain Cutie again. At least I don't ship him with his older teammates." Karmi scrunched her face at the thought. "Isn't that weird?"

"I guess if you say so." He twitched an ear. "I don't know why it's bad."

Karmi picked up his confused look. "Well, Captain Cutie is my age, and his teammates are probably older than my classmates at SFIT." Domino nodded in understanding. "Glad you got it, there are weird people out there Dom."

"I believe that." Domino felt his claws dig into the blankets as he thought about the cruel human who had owned the house he was born into

Claude, she was the reason he couldn't stand being in small places, for keeping him, his littermates, and so, so many of his breed trapped in that small house.

His birth mother, Lillian, was no better, she often neglected to feed or care for him when he got into scrapes for the smallest bits of food and just cared about having pups rather than actually mothering them. Don't think about that Dom. He shook his head from his thoughts. It's like Diggs always says, it's in the past now, you're in the present, where they can't hurt you.

But... he wasn't lying if he missed some of his littermates. There was one of his unnamed brothers, his closest littermate of them all, and his other brother Diamond protected them from the Dimitrio's teeth.

What snapped the pup out of his thoughts from the past was Karmi gently scooping him up as she closed her laptop and placed it in her bag.

"C'mon, we should help Mom and Dad pack. I'm sure Haley and Ryan could use you to help starve off their boredom." Karmi told him. They were going up to Canada soon, since her parents wanted them to take a break away from home. Diggs also told him that they were planning on going on another trip, Domino didn't care, he was excited to see new places.