Epilogue: Cheerio Friends!

Despite Cruella being defeated, there was still one problem that needed to be resolved.

The problem being Hunter's home situation, as he was now technically homeless since Cruella was arrested and the company SeaPort was under investigation for their part in her schemes.

But thankfully Kirby had just the solution for that!

"Can Hunter please stay with us since his evil great-aunt is now in jail?" They were practically making puppy eyes at their aunt and mom. "I know he's a De Vil but he can speak to animals like Eleanor!"

"I'm starting to think I should change my name, I don't like being a De Vil." Hunter murmured. He didn't feel pride in that last name, as it belonged to a family of dognappers and corporate sharks, he didn't want to be like that anymore.

Felicia and Cobra glanced at each other for a few moments, then nodded. "You can put the puppy eyes away, Kirby." Felicia smiled. "Of course he can stay with us, I'd never let any kid go homeless!"

"And he'll fit right in since none of us have clean records-ow!" Cobra hissed as Felicia jabbed her on the shoulder. "Rude?"

"Not helping." Felicia hissed back.

Hunter glanced at Kirby. "Do they fight a lot?" He sounded concerned.

"Don't worry, it's just normal family bickering." They reassured him.

A small smile appeared on his face. "I think I'm going to like it here."

"I hope you do too." Hunter had been through a lot, he deserved nice things!

Meanwhile in the Momakase household...

Eleanor was frowning at his mother as Miste waddled onto the table. "You could've told me Miste was alive!"

"In my defense, he was sleeping for years, I didn't think he would wake up anytime soon." Eliana argued.

"I was grieving." Miste was frowning at his mother. "My friend had to leave me here to keep me safe."

Eliana raised an eyebrow at the wooden dog's barking. "You can understand him, don't you?"

"Yeah, and now I have several more questions." Eleanor nodded. "Was Dad a magic user?"

"Not in Earth magic but yes."

Now he was more confused. "What does that mean?!"

"It means that Norbert could not use earth magic because he used our realm's magic!" Miste exclaimed. "Earth magic tastes less spicy, but I know how to use it."

Every time Miste spoke an answer, Eleanor felt like he had two more questions. "I can explain to him." Eliana told the wooden dog, as if she knew what he said. "Eleanor... I didn't tell you about your father at first, because I didn't think you'd have the same powers as him."

"It still would've been nice for you to tell me with or without powers." He pointed out. "I can tell you miss him and you're sad about him being gone, Mum it's not healthy to keep that stuff bottled up."

Her kid had a point, but talking about things was something she didn't know how to handle. "I know... and I'm sorry that my mistakes have caused you stress." She bowed her head, the memory of her kid's heartbroken face and the horror that he didn't trust her to believe him in anything still rang in her head. "From now on, I'm not going to hide secrets from you anymore."

That put a smile on Eleanor's face. "Thanks... still upset about you lying that you knew I could understand animals, but thanks for being honest." Then he pointed to Miste. "Now Miste said something that implies dad is a witch and I have no idea what that means."