Chapter 8: Dalmatian Plantation

Despite it being a warm day in Camden, Domino felt a chill go through his fur.

Today, the Khans were visiting the famous Dalmatian Plantation, one of the most important places in canine history, and Domino was lucky enough to come with.

"Still nervous?" Diggs raised his ears in curiosity.

"Yeah, I mean it's the Dalmatian Plantation!" He gestured with a paw. "As a dalmatian myself, I'm nervous about going there." It was basically sacred territory he was going to walk upon! The weight felt heavy on his shoulders.

Diggs tapped his shoulder with his paw. "It'll be fine, you'll get to learn about canine history."

The pup chuckled. "You have a point..."

"Boys!" Both dogs perked up as Zachary called them. "We're leaving soon!"

Barking with vigor, they hopped off of the bed and headed for the door, where the rest of the family was waiting.

"Hi doggies!" Haley greeted them with very appreciated head pats, Domino barked in delight, he needed one of those.

"The bus is gonna pick us up soon." Karmi told them. "Are you excited to see the plantation?"

Diggs nodded immediately, so did Domino, his nerves eased a little. "Yeah!"

Plus, some of his family was going to tag along, so it wouldn't be that bad.

Meanwhile with the Dalmatians...

Dylan groaned as kibble got everywhere on the floor. "Guys! Food stays in the bowls!"

But his siblings were too busy chomping away happily, already getting more energetic with each bite. "They do this everyday, chill." Dolly barked. "You can be so bossy sometimes."

"I'm just saying, cleaning the house isn't easy y'know."

Dolly sighed, she knew that pain now. The other day, she had to clean Clarissa's place as she had accidentally knocked out Hugo, and the corgi was milking the whole situation, making things worse for her.

At least she got to meet one of the royal corgis afterwards and hung out at the skateboard ramp by the park. That was worth the several hours of scrubbing floors and giving manicures to Clarissa and her friends.

"I'll help you clean the kitchen floor after breakfast if you stop complaining." She offered.

That put a smile on Dylan's face. "Alright, I guess I can tone it down a little."

Ding-Dong!

"Postman!" The Dimitrio chanted, already running for the door so they could meet their old foe. Both top dogs winced, expecting to hear the cry of the postman but hearing an angry bark instead.

"Seriously?!" Ears perked up as they heard Domino's voice. "What do you have against the postman?"

He walked in, and Dylan could see that he was with his humans. "They invade our turf!" Dimitri 3 complained.

"They deliver stuff, it's their job." Domino just shook his head at the triplets. "Nevermind, we're going to the Dalmatian Plantation, anyone in the fam wanna come with?"

Dylan perked up in excitement, the Dalmatian Plantation? It was his ancestor's home, his mom usually paid a visit once every few months with any pups that wanted to visit the old barn. "Oooh." Dolly perked up. "I've always wanted to go there!" She hadn't visited that place yet.

But then her ears flattened. "But... if we both go, who'll watch the pups?"

"I'll stay and watch the pups." Dylan told her. Besides, he could always visit there next time he visited the Canal Crew or even Hansel. "You go have fun."