Chapter 5: When the party's over

*****TW: This chapter contains parts of violence, substance abuse, alcohol, assault and insult*****

Also a little disclaimer: I want to make clear, that I'm not intending to be perfectly accurate in terms of time period specific things and therefore outfits and language (as you may have noticed) are more tied to modern time.

I finished the rest of my butterbeer and wiped away the foam, that remained above my upper lip.

Poor Ominis, he's always worried about something or someone. He really needs a break from all the drama. Hopefully Anne will be fine and there's a simple explanation for her behaviour.

I made my way downstairs to hug Sirona goodbye. I noticed Sebastian standing by the fireplace and I could've sworn I detected a mixture of anger and disappointment on his face, because of the way he turned his back to me as soon as he saw me coming down the stairs.
I couldn't even blame him, but I wasn't in the mood to explain myself. As Ominis said: I deserved to have fun for one evening.

I made a quick stop at my shop and made sure everything's fine.
Since I came by broom, I've decided to fly back to the castle, I was in need of a shower anyway, so it didn't matter if I got sweaty on the way back home.

It was quite a piece of work to handle the bag while flying, but I made it safely to Hogwarts.

Imelda was already rushing up and down our room.

"What is it, Mel?" I asked her confused.

"We're fucked, that's what it is. Garreth was supposed to be our DJ, but since Gryffindor hosts their own party, we have no one to play music."

"Well, have you asked someone else?"

"Like who?"

"Don't laugh, but I could totally imagine Amit."

"Thakkar? You're kidding me, right?" Imelda said annoyed.

"Why not? He can be pretty cool, once you give him the chance to prove himself. Otherwise I have no idea, who could be suitable for this job, except maybe one of the party elves from the kitchen, I've told you about." I shrugged.

Imelda sighed.

"Good, I'll go ask Thakkar. How was your conversation with Ominis? Anything you'd like to share?"

"No, not really. It was fine, but he doesn't feel well, so he might not be attending the party tonight."

"What a surprise. He was never really into our parties, Sallow had to literally drag him to them. Let's go to dinner and make ourselves ready afterwards."

______________

"Remember the plan: We are having fun. No drama, we're gonna drink and dance, you will maybe flirt a bit around and get to know your options besides Feldcroft boys. Do you want another shot to seal the deal?"

"Fuck, yes. Let's prove that Slytherins are the ones who know how to party." I grinned already a  few shots of fire whiskey in advance.

"Exactly. And with that dress of yours, you'll be the flagship of this house, so live the fuck up to that reputation. Everybody at this school owes you"  She handed me a small glass with whiskey.

I chugged down the burning liquid and checked myself in the mirror. My dark hair was in a slightly messy bun, a few strands of hair hanging lose into my face, it looked effortlessly put together, but still elegant. The emerald dress was tight and flattering every inch of my body and my eyes were framed with an in-depth Smokey-eyeliner.
I topped the outfit with some silver jewellery and watched Imelda putting on a black dress with sheer long sleeves. Her dark hair was in a sleek ponytail.