2 | suggestion box

PHOEBE LOVES THE SNACKS AT THE STUDIO.

[  season 1 — episode 02  ]

DAISY WAS EXCITED WHEN SHE WOKE UP, knowing she was going to meet everyone that her father worked with. He told her about some of them over dinner, and now she could put faces to the names. And since she was the coach's daughter, she made sure to look presentable in one of her favorite patterned sweaters with a white collared shirt underneath — a not-so-fashionable trend she'd picked up from her father. But England was colder than Kansas typically was, so she was quite comfortable in her sweater.

For breakfast, she fixed two cups of juice while Ted grabbed a box of cereal. They didn't have much else, but they'd take a real grocery shopping trip over the weekend.

"Thank ya," Ted said as Daisy put some orange juice in front of him. He then opened the cereal and poured some into his bowl, only for a giant piece of shredded wheat to fall out, confusing him.

"Oh," Daisy said with a sheepish smile. She studied the box, finally reading. "Thought I bought the bite-sized ones. The box color is different over here."

Ted just shrugged it off. "Just makes it easier to eat on the go!"

After they ate their brick-sized breakfast, Daisy and Ted set out for the day. And of course, Beard was waiting outside for them.

"Morning, Coach," Ted greeted him, holding onto the straps of his backpack.

"Morning, Coach. You wanna grab some breakfast?" he asked.

"Nah, we just had one piece of cereal each, and I'm pretty stuffed," he said, making Daisy smile. "Could go for coffee though."

"Oh, absolutely," Daisy agreed as they started walking. "There's one just ahead. Passed it on the walk back from work."

Ted and Beard both held out their arms, gesturing for her to go ahead. "Lead the way, Daisy Chain," Beard said.

"Hey, you know what today feels like?" Ted then asked.

"First day of school," Beard replied.

"First day of school! That's right," he agreed. Then Daisy stopped in front of the coffee shop. "That's close."

"Yeah, this place is pretty walkable," she told them as they entered.

Ted was quite thankful that tea wasn't the only thing sold in the small café that was called Greyhound Delights. Daisy wouldn't willingly order a tea — unless, of course, it was a sweet tea over ice — but she didn't make as big of a fit as her father did. But still, she got a latte and also a delicious-looking blueberry croissant because her piece of cereal wasn't enough for her.

"Oh, I'm in heaven," Daisy said as soon as she took the first bite. They were already outside again and walking, but she looked back at the café longingly, wishing she'd gotten a second one.