7 | you'll survive

YEAH, I'M FUCKING HILARIOUS. JUST AS FUNNY AS THE SIGHT OF YOU CHATTING UP YOUR GREAT-GRANDDAUGHTER HERE.

[  season 1 — episode 04  ]

[ season 1 — episode 04 ]

AS THE NIGHT WENT ON, Daisy tried to keep an eye on Rebecca, hoping she would be able to avoid Rupert. But that was pointless, she knew. So, she tried to focus on eating, promising to check on her once she had a little more time to process his arrival. Eventually, the drinks ran out and her father went to retrieve more, scared that a fight would break out if Roy and Jamie were sober.

"Ah!" Jamie suddenly exclaimed. They all looked at him, seeing that he spilled hot soup on his bare chest, which he began wiping off. "Shit."

Roy just laughed, highly amused. "Yet another reason shirts exist."

"Shut up, it's not funny," he whined. Then he grabbed an ice cube out of his cup. "Burned my nipple."

While Jamie was holding the ice to his nipple, a rather old woman let out a scandalized gasp while walking over. "I wish I was that ice cube," she said shamelessly. And Jamie was clearly bothered by her forwardness. "Mm? I will be bidding for a night with you."

"Oh. Thanks, love," he said while putting the ice back. "Uh, yeah, it's, um, it's just a date though. It's not a whole night. So..."

"We'll see," she said, chuckling.

"Good luck with that," Daisy said, laughing a little. "He's the best player on the team. You might have to put up a fight."

The old lady set her sights on Daisy, not looking all that impressed. "At least I know you will not be among them. A person like you should be serving our drinks."

Daisy's smile fell instantly. All she'd been trying to do was make a funny joke at Jamie's expense. Maybe she'd gotten a little too comfortable with how diverse the Richmond football team was, convincing herself that everyone in England thought the same.

"I'm sorry," Roy spoke up, "who the fuck do you think you are? She's looking fucking fit, sitting with the handsome, rich footballers you're so desperate to shag while you're stuck at the boring table."

"Oh, Roy, I think you're hurting your chances with grandma," Allora said, laughing at the woman, who let out an affronted scoff and stomped back to her table. "Ooh, guess she could give it out but couldn't take it."

Daisy smiled weakly at Roy and Allora. "Thank you," she murmured.

"That was fucked," Jamie said, looking back at the woman with even more disgust. "And she was fucking disgusting, talkin' like that before to me too."

"Mate, I've done these before," Roy told him. "If one that's not racist bids over three thousand, you will have to fuck her."

Jamie looked at Keeley in alarm, who was chuckling. "Is that true?"