15 | get on that

I AM ROUNDING UP THE DIAMOND DOGS — MINUS THE DOGGETTE BECAUSE SHE'S INVOLVED.

[  season 1 — episode 07  ]

JAMIE TARTT WAS A MASTER AT WAKING UP ALONE AFTER A ONE NIGHT STAND, but this time, he found himself reaching for someone before he even opened his eyes, wanting to hold them in his arms — wanting to hold someone that was already gone. He felt the already growing cold side of the bed and peeled open his tired eyes, seeing that Daisy wasn't where he last saw her, sleeping at his side in the hotel bed.

He visibly frowned and leaned back against the headboard, wishing she'd of stayed. But there was no proof that she'd been there at all — her clothes, shoes, and bag were all gone. It even looked like she cleaned up some of their mess so that the cleaning staff wouldn't have to deal with it.

Jamie was a heavy sleeper, evidently.

Technically though, all traces of her weren't gone. When Jamie looked at the nightstand, on the little notepad that was in every room with the hotel's name at the top, there was a message in Daisy's big, neat handwriting.

I promise to be in number 9 at the match against Man City next month — xoxo Daisy

It put a smile on his face, but not nearly as big as his smile would've been had she stayed.

✵︎

Daisy was really glad that Richmond's climate was cold because no one gave her a second glance when she wore a white turtleneck underneath her sweater while accompanying her father to work. She'd gotten home thirty minutes before he woke up, making him think she'd been there all night. Even though she was a grown woman, she felt like a high schooler sneaking in all over again — no way would her father approve of a one-night stand with Jamie.

No one would approve of a one-night stand with Jamie.

Keeley would understand but likely think she was foolish for it. Allora would lose it when she found out. Sam would be absolutely crushed given how horrible Jamie treated him for so long.

Oh, god, the regret was sinking in now as she thought about Sam. It didn't matter that he and Jamie were beginning to mend things just before he was returned to City. Daisy had crossed a best friend line by sleeping with the man.

Those were the detrimental thoughts running through Daisy's mind as she silently followed her father into Rebecca's office for Biscuits With the Boss.

"Morning, boss," Ted greeted, knocking on the door as they let themselves in. "Now, you don't just get biscuits today. I also got you a little box of chocolate truffles."