3 | water pressure

YOU'RE SO SWEET, JAMIE. YOU REALLY ARE THE MOST CONSIDERATE, THOUGHTFUL PERSON ON THE TEAM.

[  season 1 — episode 02  ]

[ season 1 — episode 02 ]

THE SLOW TRICKLE OF WATER THAT THEY WERE WATCHING leave the showerhead was ridiculous. No wonder someone made a note about it — honestly, they didn't understand how everyone didn't complain about it even without the box.

Daisy came over after she was done at the dance studio, still in a light purple leotard with a skirt built in. She threw on a plain white sweater, making it look like she was in a regular dress as she went about her day, not having to worry about changing again for her second class in the afternoon.

"Boy. That is bad," Ted noted. "Somebody ought to check this thing's prostate."

"I'm on it," Daisy said.

"Think you can fix it, Doc?" he asked her.

"I'll need to check out behind this wall," she said, touching the tiles. "But I could bring some tools and work on it during the match. It'd be a surprise after they win."

"Thanks, Mario," Beard said, bumping his shoulder into hers.

She peered up at him playfully. "You know I prefer Luigi."

Then the three walked out of the shower. Training was over for the day, and all the men came in while they were checking out the pressure issue. But before anything else could happen, Ted set his plan into motion.

"Hey, Sam. You gotta pop upstairs real quick. Higgins wants to talk to you," Ted lied, urging Sam to hustle. "Let's go. Move it, move it."

Nate watched as Sam rushed down the hallway. "Yep, yep. He's gone, he's gone," he said before running to the office to grab what he needed.

"Shut the door, shut the door," Ted ordered as Daisy did so. And though Bumbercatch was confused, he leaned up against it on the off chance Sam came back.

Then Ted got all their attention. "Hey. Yo, hey, guys. Listen up, listen up. Okay, Sam's birthday is on Saturday. So I was thinking we'd all chip in and get him something nice. Nice gift or something. Right? So, Nate's gonna be coming around with yet another impressive box."

Nate returned, this time with a pink box that had pipe cleaner ears and googly eyes. And at the opening that he cut out, there was red paper like a tongue.

"Look at this. It's got a face!" Ted exclaimed, even more delighted.

"He has a face," Nate specified.

"Sorry, it — he. He," Ted corrected.

"His name is Shawn," Daisy spoke up. Nate showed her the box earlier when she first arrived and was waiting for her father and Beard to stop and check out the showers.