Movies

(A/N: <Please Read!>

I don't usually put pictures into my fanfic, but I think this one was kind of necessary. A few paragraphs on, what Arthur is wearing is described. It was difficult to describe, but this pic is basically how he looks-- excluding the guitar and facial expression (cause the face isn't quite his personality in this fanfic.) and I'm going to say the jacket is a reddish brownish color (that's what it looks like to me.))

----------------My POV-----------------
Thirty minutes to get ready. Good thing I took a shower last night. I finish up my Froot Loops cereal and run up the stairs to get ready.

I stand in front of my closet, having a difficult time picking out something to wear. It shouldn't be so hard- it's not a date or anything. I grab a soft, light gray sweater and some black skinny jeans. I put them on, then go and stand in front of the mirror to decide what to do with my hair. Usually, I leave it down, but today, I feel like doing something different. I pick up two hair bows ( or hair ties/elastics... whatever you wanna call them), and put my hair into low pigtails that sit in front of my shoulders. Now for my makeup. I put on a little eyeliner, like always.
Satisfied with my appearance, I smile at my reflection and head back downstairs.

I get a random book off of my shelf and sit down on the sofa to read for a little while. It's Girl of Fire and Thorns.
(A/N: By Rae Carson- it's a reallly good trilogy series btw~)

Right as I open my book, I remember I'm not quite done yet. Sighing, I get up and go to the bathroom. I put some toothpaste on my toothbrush, and go off to get my converse.

--------------------------------------------

Finally I get to read, even if it's only for a few minutes.
A car horn honks in the driveway, and I put on my light blue hoodie and grab my wallet that I had lying next to me.

Outside, the snow has begun to melt, but there is still a lot piled up, and I can still feel the cold, despite my warm hoodie. But I expected this, and the theater should be warmer.

I walk over to Arthur's car, not running because of the ice. I open the car door, and once I'm in, I look over at him, to see what Nate did. He has a bruise on the right side of his face that is a purplish color; not plum or grape colored, it's lighter. I can't see any thing else, as he's wearing clothes that cover his arms and legs.
He coughs, getting my attention. I blush and turn to the window, now refusing to look at him out of embarrassment. I can't believe I was staring at him, even if it only was for a second. I hear him laugh quietly to himself, then pull out of the driveway and head towards the theater.

After a few moments of staring out the window, my embarrassment passes, and I can look elsewhere again.
And my eyes just happen to wander over to him again. I catch myself this time, and glance up at his face, to see if he's paying attention to me. He isn't, so I allow myself to look at him again. He's wearing a reddish jacket, a gray shirt (like in the picture), and some khaki pants. I glance at his face again, and my eyes linger there. He really is kinda cute. Attractive, actually.

Out of the corner of his eye, his eye flickers over to me, and I quickly look down at my lap, my face turning red, like a tomato. How did I get so careless? And since when do I stare at people? Especially guys? Especially him?
I look back up and see he's smirking. Only slightly, but it is still a smirk.

-------------Arthur's POV-------------

______ was staring at me. Not just staring, her mouth was slightly open too, and I don't think she noticed that she was, either. I glance at her, and she's red, and I can't help but smirk a little.

--------------------------------------------

We pull into the parking lot, and I park as close to the entrance as possible, which is right behind the handicapped spaces.
We step out of the car about the same time, and I'm not really looking forward to walking with out support. I don't want ______ to see me like this. In a weakened state. I chuckle softly to myself for thinking this way, then wince a little. I glance over to her, to see if she noticed the wince, and she's giving me a look of concern. "We don't have to do this, you know," she says softly.

"No, I'll be fine, I think I just need to be a little slower,"I reply, with a smile. I wouldn't miss out on today. "Lets go."

She nods," Okay, I'll match your pace, then."

--------

We walk inside, and I don't have to go as slowly as I thought we would. It's an almost natural pace, kind of like those slow paced people who always seem to end up in front of me at school.

After I buy our tickets, she says,"I'm going to go get popcorn and some drinks. What do you want?"

"Umm... I'd like a Pibb." I feel kind of uncomfortable letting her buy them, but she's already up at the counter, picking them out. I stand near the back, up against a wall until ______ returns.

"Come on, let's go," she says, grinning. --

The room is pretty much packed, but somehow we manage to find a pair of seats. They're in the middle, with people on either side. Not the best seats, but it's better than standing.

We squeeze between legs and backs of chairs, and a few people seem overly reluctant to re-adjust to let us by.
I get tripped by a random someone which pushes me forward into ______. She spills some soda onto a kid, who starts whining. Loudly. As the movie begins to play. Many people turn around to glare at us as we finally reach the seats.
But we do get to enjoy the movie, although the kid next to us continually whines about his shirt. Apparently, it was his favorite, and he hates getting wet.
--------------------------------------------

Around the movies climax, I know this isn't a date, but I can't help thinking how in all those books or movies, or whatever, when they're on a date to a movie or something similar, the guy puts his arm around the girl. Looking over to ______, it's a really tempting thought, as she's really getting into the movie, leaning forward in her seat.
But how does she see today, how would she react if I did that? It'd probably ruin today, if I did. And just being friends is better than nothing at all.
--------------------------------------------

Squeezing out of the viewing room behind ______, I'm tempted to reach for her hand, but decide against. I can see the potential look on her face, surprised, then withdrawing. Silence as I drive her home, then who knows.

I know I've practically just met her, but it doesn't feel like I have. Sure, I've known who she is, and liked her for quite a while now, but now it's different. She's more than just a girl on my bus, in a few of my classes, and who spends all of her time at a library. Of course there's more to know than what I do now, but it feels different. Something more than before, and almost scary to think about.