Simple Summary: Fractured Reality (WIP)

Context:

Youngest to oldest, Lewis (Dawko), Ryan (8-BitRyan), Baz (Bazamalam), Will (of DAGames) and Rhys (Razzbowski), who can be referred to as the "Quad-Squad," went on a holiday to Alton Towers. The trip ended in disaster when Lewis was overtaken by, "Ego Sickness," an illness that resulted in the creation of an evil alter ego of himself called Darko. Baz is killed, Will is badly injured and ends up in a coma, and Lewis is sent an unknown organisation. Rhys and Ryan are left to suffer the aftermath, with help from Ryan's older brother, Nathan.

Prologue:

The story of Fractured Reality begins with Lewis, who is trapped within what appears to be a recreation of the Five Nights at Freddy's 2 location, at the Prize Corner. Lewis is struggling to retain any memories of his life and its events before entering the simulation, causing him distress. Matters are made worse when his supernatural illness, as well as his intense post traumatic stress, causes him to hallucinate twisted versions of his friends.

Chapter One:

The focus of the story shifts away from Lewis, moving onto Rhys as he travels on a train from his home in Scotland to a station in Birmingham, England. Rhys is not in a good mood as he reminisces on the events that led him up to this point, serving as a recap of the first book in the Ego Sickness Trilogy, "A Message to Scott Cawthon: Reimagined," for the reader.

Chapter Two:

It is discovered that Rhys has been attempting all he possibly could to recover from is trauma, wanting to face it head on, all at once. Meanwhile, Ryan has been far more closed off, and almost avoids facing what had happened. This difference between the pair causes tension, and eventually an argument, as Ryan doesn't appreciate Rhys' attempts to discuss what had happened, when all he really wants is to forget. However, things are eventually resolved, and the pair agree to meet in person.

Chapter Three:

Rhys arrives in Birmingham, meeting up with Ryan. Their first in-person meeting is slightly awkward thanks to all of the arguments that had happened through text. The pair attempt to ignore what had happened and talk civilly with one and other. Before long, they are acting like their usual selves, although tension always creeps into their conversation. Ryan takes Rhys to visit Will, who has been in a coma for nearly three weeks, at the Birmingham City Hospital.

Chapter Four:

The pair sit with an unconscious Will within his hospital room for a while, talking to one and other. As they prepare to leave, all three of their phones suddenly receive the same message from a worker at the organisation which were tasked with helping Lewis with his recovery. The message invites all three men to visit him, noting that they could bring some gifts for Lewis to make him feel better. The reminder of all that had happened causes Ryan to become blunt and defensive, and he rejects Rhys' attempts to talk.

Chapter Five:

The story returns to Lewis, as he desperately hides from a hallucination of Will within the Five Nights at Freddy's location. He runs from the dining area to the nearby toilets, where he is faced with a horrific hallucination of Baz. Eventually, the hallucination of Will finds Lewis, and threatens to inflict every injury unto Lewis, that Lewis had inflicted to the group. This chapter includes the first instance of Darko's ability to paralyse people with fear by staring at them with glowing, white eyes.

Chapter Six:

Following the advice of the message, Rhys and Ryan go to Lewis' house to try and find something that could be used as a gift. The house is a complete mess and is littered with signs that Lewis' mental stability was suffering long before the Alton Towers event. There are a lot of Post-It notes everywhere, with varying messages that Lewis had written for himself, or that Darko had written to scare him.