Chapter 10

FULL SPEED AND SPOILERS FOR SERIES FROM HERE ON OUT
BREATHE
Inosuke had a feeling if anyone took note of his condition it would be Shinobu. She noticed his rapid recovery after some months. The senior slayer seemed more fascinated than scared like Zenitsu was when the teenager found out Inosuke had no need for stitches after two days. Tanjiro was confused but happy about his recovery before going to the swordsmith's village.

"Ara, Ara, you should have a scar right here Inosuke-kun." She uses a pen end to point out the area where he should have an ugly scar like Tanjiro has on his shoulder. But no it was smooth skin now. The hashira sits back before smiling his way.

"Have you eaten demon flesh?" Inosuke confused tilts his head, his hair pooling to one shoulder. His boar mask lays on a side table, waiting for him to put it on after the appointment.

"Huh?" He's thought once or twice about biting a demon but never consuming.

Shinobu smiles through his questioning gaze. "Young Genya is someone who eats demon flesh, giving him a boost while also healing himself during battle. Although it's only temporary."

She takes a note on her pad before looking back at the young man. Perhaps he was a natural-born half-demon, but that would mean-

Shinobu shakes her head, her smile still on her.

A demon mother was impossible leaving a human mother as the only option. The human mother must have been forced to have the child after escaping an assault was the only case she could think of. There would be no way that the sire cared for his prey enough for him to let his victim leave afterward.

"Whatever the case, Inosuke-kun, I am glad that you are alright." Her words bring a slight blush to the young man's face, flustered. Shinobu continues smiling, knowing that he has come so far since he first came to the Butterfly estate.

"Thank you, Shinobu-san." He looks off to the side.

Though he was still confused about everything, at least Shinobu cared enough to try and give him an answer.

--

The corps knows no true peace knowing the monsters that attack the innocent at night still exist. With a report of Nezuko surviving exposure to the sun, every member was put on high alert. It didn't take long for the demons to make their move.

The demon slayers would then make their last final assault on Muzan after Head Quarters is blown up.

All slayers and demons were summoned for the last battle that would decide the fate of the world.

--

Douma had snapped to attention to the smell of blood and the ringing roar of Muzan's call. The demon looks down at his wife and still she sleeps. Unheeding of the order in their blood. He combs her hair before kissing her forehead.

That's fine, she need not worry, he'll take care of the pest that enters his domain before returning to his vigil.

--

That is how the Insect Pillar discovers him. He was mildly interested in the flesh he was chewing on, debating on what to do after this when he heard a harsh intake of breath and he perked up.

Was this going to be another quick and terrified kill for him?

His brow was raised before he flashed a smile. This female slayer was different, she was furious at him already. Was it the dead around him?

That haori was familiar, a butterfly pattern-

Oh! Was she related to the Flower Hashira? Douma can see the similarities but she was definitely not nearly as passive. He almost laughs when she confirms he killed her sister.

Of course, he did, how else was he going to be fulfilled in avenging his family? Not that the slayer would care as she swallowed something before he knew it and then drew her sword out, which was strangely crafted. His nose vaguely picked up the scent of poison.

This was going to be fun, he has never fought a poison user before.

He finally gets to his feet, drawing his fans. The demon swipes his fan to clear the area of the bodies, so he could have room to begin this battle.

Douma does agree with her wish that if she does lose, he will eat her.

Oh, she would be the first meal in years that he savored. A great substitute to her sister that died before he can devour her.

Then she is quick to stab his throat. He shivers at the first dose of poison and the demon is quick to wack her off him.

That's how it goes for a while and he likes playing with her. He could easily end this but her attacks were just adorable and she could tell he was not taking her seriously.

He told her as much.

"Your sister had my interest more than you do. Both of you are as frail as the other." Douma blocks another stabbing to his person, taking a jump back to watch her full reaction, her face getting red with fury.

"Even then she was quite fun to play with." He remarks as she charges again.

--

Kanae Kochou didn't last five minutes with him. This was no battle, this was an assassination. He didn't waste any time.

She had just finished a lower demon when she sensed his presence behind her. His eyes were as cold as his blood heart when he finally sees her eyes.

How can a person with such kind eyes kill his family?

Her breathing style suited her but was useless against his blood art that thinned the air making it hard to breathe. He would stab her with his claws and fill her lungs with frost.

So she died breathless and choking on her blood.

--

It didn't matter now. She was dead and gone like Inosuke and his wife is still sleeping.

For now, this was entertaining and a good way to kill time.

He rolls a hand of his before bringing it to his chest, something he would often do when he was leading his cult, giving his bullshit advice on how they should go and seek their own paradise.

"I feel your pain slayer. Losing a loved one can be so heartbreaking." Even though he knows he sounds like he did back then, it was the honest truth.

The slayer charges him again and he goes for a swipe at her head, only going a quarter of his usual speed.

After the next thing she said, he should have gone full force and cut her head clean from her shoulders. Her voice caused all ice that he had made to shatter at his mind break.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF LOSING A LOVE ONE?!!"