20

Taehyung held his breath longer than he should have.

His sword grazed his neck, held by Zeila whose eyes simmered with anger. Taehyung knew he would have to face her wrath one way or the other if he had to break the enchantment casted over her. He blanched under her gaze, fearing what she would do if she let her anger control her magic.

He could already feel the heat beginning to flicker with her growing vehemence. Any attempt he made to squirm under her scrutinized gaze made her magic boil with more fury, igniting the flame inside her that reflected into the magic that had him anchored.

She was commanding fire. He had to stop her before she charred him to ashes unknowingly.

"Zeila, you need to calm down," Taehyung said, managing not to let a whince slip out. "I had to do this to stop you."

But Zeila didn't reason with him. Her entire body coursed with such wrath that she couldn't find the words to articulate how she yearned to decapitate him at that moment.

She still felt the linger of his touch on her lips. The memories she shared with her Taehyung pouring into her mind. "How dare you," she seethed, flaring more heat into the magic that fettered him. Slowly, ever so slowly, her magic fed off of her, beggining to burn his skin, scaling through it as she stood transfixed in her indignation, refusing to see the pain he was under.

"Zeila you were cursed!" Taehyung screamed, wailing in pain. "You were about to take your own life and mistook me for your Taehyung."

At his words Zeila realized the harm she was inflicting on him. She recollected the agony that seared through her, the thoughts that cascaded in her mind when she touched the paper . . .

The paper!

She threw away his sword at once, sinking as it clattered against the ground.

Zeila faltered, falling to her knees and stumbling back. She trembled at the memories that drowned her mind, washing her with thoughts that she never knew existed.

Taehyung rubbed his wrists, scurrying towards her.

"No!" Zeila screamed, pulling herself away from him.

She closed her eyes, gritting her teeth at the insight of everything that had just happened. "Don't come near me," she warned him.

She saw her hands burning with a magic she didn't know she could will. Fire. She couldn't vanquish it however hard she commanded it.

It had a mind of it owns. And with every though that gnawed her mind, every second the idea of her falling to her own death crawled back, the fire began growing.

"Zeila, you need to calm down."

"I c-cant," Zeila cried.

Her bewilderment fueled the fir until it could swirl, the size of her palm.

"How do I make it stop!" She panicked but didn't dare move her hand in fears of aggrevating it even more and burning down the building.

Her heart almost shot up to her throat when the fire threatened to leak from her palm. But Zeila froze, not moving by a slight inch.

"Zeila," Taehyung called her name with a relaxed tone. "Hey, hey look at me." He snapped his fingers.

He slowly slid towards her. "Don't be afraid, you're doing alright." He consoled her, keeping her gaze plastered to his.

The only way to control the fire was to make sure she reigned control of herself. And for that she had to dispell whatever jittered her.

"Nothings going to happen, alright," he hummed. "It's just fire under your control."