Chapter 3

Lisa's pov

Me and the others managed to escape from Pyramid Head, it was a close call but we did it. My concern right now was (Y/N) and Zarina, the two of them had sustained injuries from the Trial. However, I was more-so concerned for (Y/N). It all happened so fast, The Executioner was focused on me. I had prepared myself mentally for the pain I would've gotten from the slash, and to my shock (Y/N) shielded me against the hit. I feel so conflicted, while I'm grateful he protected me. I feel so liable, I should've been the one to get hurt, not him. Oh (Y/N), I'm such an encumbrance to you. Next time the roles will be switched. Speaking of (Y/N), he seems to be getting close to Zarina. More so than with me, despite spending the whole trial with him. While I am feeling somewhat left out, I'm happy he's getting along with the other survivors. We should be close to arriving at the campfire where the others reside, some rest sounds nice.

Third-Person pov

"Wait, you're from New York City too?" (Y/N) said as Zarina nodded "Mhm, grew up in Brooklyn myself." She said "That's so cool, I'm actually from Manhattan myself. Before coming here, did you manage to catch the Yankees game?" (Y/N) asked "I sure did, our star pitcher is full of surprises." Zarina said "Don't you just love New York? A New York-style pizza, now that is really something." (Y/N) said chuckling "I'm with you there, I always stop by my local pizza shop right after work and get myself a slice." Zarina chuckles "What do you do for a living Zarina?" (Y/N) said curiously. "Me? I work as a documentarian. Growing up, I loved watching the news, reports about injustices captivated me. You already know the streets of New York City are filled with crime, right?" Zarina asked (Y/N) who nodded in response "Sadly that's true. Growing up, I always make sure to lock and barricade the doors and windows." (Y/N) said "One man in particular. I was obsessed, due to him getting a short sentence. I went on to interview him. Shed more light on his crime. I was satisfied with the results. And before I knew it, I was on to the next one, the Mad Mick Massacre. The official story isn't always true, knowing me I headed off to Hellshire Penitentiary to investigate" Zarina said.

"Damn, investigating a creepy prison. Poor Zarina, had we met before I would have acted as your bodyguard.' (Y/N) said as Zarina chuckles " I'm 28 (Y/N), and your 22, more like I'll be the one taking care of you." She said "Why don't you? Mommy Zarina got a good ring to it, doesn't it~" (Y/N) teased as Zarina smiles and flicks his forehead "Kidding, kidding. No need to be so serious, take a joke." (Y/N) rubs his forehead as they arrived at the campfire "We're here." Bill said as the four of them arrived at the campfire.

Half of the survivors there were either conversing amongst themselves or staring at the campfire while the other half went inside their tents. As soon as the four of them made their presence known. A few survivors took notice of the new face within the group. (Y/N) could see them whispering, most likely about him. Figuring (Y/N) must be feeling nervous, Bill comforted him. "Feeling nervous (Y/N)?" Bill said to him as he smokes his cigar. "More or less, first impressions are important. I'm also surprised to see some from other nationalities." (Y/N) said feeling somewhat excited to meet new people. Bill blew some more smoke. "I can already see some of them interested in meeting you. I'll be drinking later with a couple of friends, you should join us." Bill said."Maybe later Bill. I still need to be patched up by Lisa....huh? Where did she go?" (Y/N) said as he noticed Lisa gone. "She took Zarina back to her tent for treatment. It's that one right there." Bill pointed to Lisa's tent "Okay I got it, I better get going. Bye Bill, let's talk later over drinks and cigars" (Y/N) bid Bill goodbye as he left toward Lisa's tent.

Upon entering the tent, (Y/N) saw Lisa adding the finishing touches to Zarina's bandages "All done. You're good to go, Zarina." Lisa said in a caring and polite tone "Thanks, Lisa." Zarina got up and sees (Y/N). "(Y/N) As soon as you're done, how about coming with me? There are some friends I'd like to introduce you to" Zarina said to him. Lisa felt a tad bothered by (Y/N) spending more time with Zarina. "Hmmm, I think I'll pass Zarina. I already had something I wanted to do. Nonetheless, I appreciate the offer." (Y/N) said "I understand, I'll see you around (Y/N)" Zarina said as she exited the tent.